Upgrade to HWS and lost functionality with Dish Anywhere app.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cincyguy2k4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 14, 2005
Recently upgraded to HWS about two weeks ago and now I lost all remote control functions.

Was working great over the last week or so. I could select programs in my Dvr list and tell it to start on my TVs.

I could also use the app as a remote....

Ive used this app as a remote since this app came out for Android.

Is this an issue with the HWS or is Dish removing basic functionality of the app?

This seemed to happen with my iOS app when I went from a 722K to a HWS.

I had to uninstall my app, redownload and reinstall ... that seemed to do the trick.

Good luck ;)

Edit:

(Hey I am over 1000 posts now!)

Last edited:
I am able to use the remote function on both of my HWS, using both Android and IOS operating systems and both HWS are running S316.

When I upgraded to the original Hopper last year from a 722, I lost the remote function on my iPhone and iPad DA app. A few days later the remote showed back up on my iPad, but never on my iPhone. Wierd. What type of iPhone do you have? Mine is a 5.

When I upgraded to the original Hopper last year from a 722, I lost the remote function on my iPhone and iPad DA app. A few days later the remote showed back up on my iPad, but never on my iPhone. Wierd. What type of iPhone do you have? Mine is a 5.
My iPhone 4 works fine. Did you uninstall as mentioned above.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)