Upgrade to super joey

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bspei

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2005
Aurora. CO
I purchased a super Joey to replace a Joey. Install went great until activation. I have a profound hearing loss and trying to decipher which extension I wanted was a hit or miss. I explained that I was installing a Super Joey and the software had been downloaded and the screen said to call dish to active. Their was a pause and she asked what was on the screen. I repeated I was on step 7 of 7 and to call for activation. Another pause and the same question what was on the screen. After a couple more tries I hung up and went on line and within no time is was activated.

When I went to the ups store to return the joey I was informed dish charges 17.00 $ but if I give her 11.00 dish would not bill me. I didn't trust her so I opted out of her offer.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I replaced a Joey with a Hopper a few weeks back. Dish sent out a recovery kit for the Hopper with prepaid shipping, no charge.

I just got a email from dish that the equipment was received. No charge. I wonder if the clerk was trying to scam me.

I just got a email from dish that the equipment was received. No charge. I wonder if the clerk was trying to scam me.

When canceling they charge you to use the prepaid shipping labels. Could be what the clerk was referring to.

Reactions: ChadT41
I'm thinking she didn't know it was just a "replacement" and not a cancelled account. $11 sounds like the ups store shipping fee for the weight. I wouldn't read to far into it. She was just giving advice based on previous history, and probably no knowledge of the whole situation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts