Upgrade viewsat ultra

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CLIL007

Original poster
Jun 20, 2011
Arkansas
I have my usb in receiver with upgrade clicked on-How can one tell if it is loading and when it is finished loading?
Thanks
urgent help needed!

Iceberg,
I failed to do something, because it has been at least 15 minutes and I can't tell if anything is going on. Should I pull the flasher out and try again or will it mess it up? I am a newbie dummy to this stuff
Thanks

I dont have an ultra so I cant comment but 15 minutes is pretty long. My azbox which has a huge software update doesnt take that long

you can power off the unit on the back and back on to see if that fixes it....but note I havent worked with the unit so take anything I say with grain of salt. I'm not responsible if it accidentally bricks the unit

Updating with the usb should be pretty quick, a minute or less. If it failed, you may have to try it again using the computer-cable method. Try the usb drive first though, turn off receiver, plug in flashdrive, then power up.

After you select USB a menu should pop up that shows the files saved to your usb stick, is that happening?

If not, the receiver is not recognizing that the drive is installed,

try renaming the firmware filename you're trying to update to PFTAUSWR.PGM on your thumb drive. power off switch in the back, insert thumb drive, and power back on. It will automatically update to the PFTAUSWR.PGM firmware but only if the existing firmware isn't older than Apil '08 or corrupted. Can't hurt trying. If that doesn't work you can always go the serial cable routehttp://www.abadss.com/forum/92-viewsat-general-help/57795-pftauswr-pgm-bonus.html

After you select USB a menu should pop up that shows the files saved to your usb stick, is that happening?

If not, the receiver is not recognizing that the drive is installed,

This is right. Select upgrade and a file browser should pop up. You select the file and it takes about 45-60 seconds to load it. Sounds like it is not seeing the USB stick. Might format it and put the files back on it...

When you plug the USB in it should say initializing USB....Boot the the receiver and then insert the USB stick. If a popup doesn't appear then it is not seeing it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)