Something is not right???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
OK, the big dish is at 125 west, AMC-21. Lyngsat shows where to find PBS-HD. MY Sonicview 8000 is set to TP 12140 V SR-30000 FEC 3/4 and I have a good signal. Well why doesn't HD PBS show up after a scan??? Some setting I am missing?

RT.
:confused:

I am not positive but I think that is dvb-s2 which your SV8000 is not able to get, you need a dvb-s2 capable receiver,

Mikey11 said:
I am not positive but I think that is dvb-s2 which your SV8000 is not able to get, you need a dvb-s2 capable receiver,

The national PBS-HD feed on 125w is DVB-S. Here is where I believe your problem is.... it plays fine on my Pansat 9200 and my Coolsat 8000. I have a Neusat 9000 in the bedroom that sees signal but every scan turns up no PBS. I think some of these boxes only do mpeg2 HD and PBS must be mpeg4. To me that's the only reason it won't work. That Neusat works fine otherwise... just no PBS.

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

The national PBS-HD feed on 125w is DVB-S. Here is where I believe your problem is.... it plays fine on my Pansat 9200 and my Coolsat 8000. I have a Neusat 9000 in the bedroom that sees signal but every scan turns up no PBS. I think some of these boxes only do mpeg2 HD and PBS must be mpeg4. To me that's the only reason it won't work. That Neusat works fine otherwise... just no PBS.

The SV8000 will do mpeg4 HD I have used one before

Even my Coolsat 5000 locks and scans in the PBS HD East and West channels. It's mpeg2 HD, and a strong signal here in Michigan, currently 76Q on CS5000 and 75Q on the Solomend 800 .

I guess it will remain a mystery why that Neusat 9000 won't do it then.....

It has the "F" box next to it on Lyngsat which denotes free or open. ???

Even my Coolsat 5000 locks and scans in the PBS HD East and West channels. It's mpeg2 HD, and a strong signal here in Michigan, currently 76Q on CS5000 and 75Q on the Solomend 800 .
Great signal! By the way Saugatuck, I am up the road from you a few miles. Town starts with an "L".
I will keep working on this since this tells me it IS really there.

8Ft Skyvision mesh dish with both "C" band and "KU" band. 720 receiver and the SV 8000. The 8000 has the module that picks up HD. Forgot what it is listed as.
Think I have the correct satellite cuz Shop NBC is on "C" band TP 3.

RT.

The module you are talking about has nothing to do with FTA HD, that module is to pickup a "certain providers" 8psk HD, this module is absoluely useless for your needs, all it will do for you is make the receiver hotter, I would suggest removing it,

You also can not blind scan while using the module, are you using blind scan???

What is the signal and quality numbers like when you go into the menu for 125w and select the tp that these channels are on?

The module you are talking about has nothing to do with FTA HD, that module is to pickup a "certain providers" 8psk HD, this module is absoluely useless for your needs, all it will do for you is make the receiver hotter, I would suggest removing it.

OH! Well, that explains why I received such a good price for the 8000. It must have become of "no use" for the past owner. I will remove it. That 8000 get hot enough even if it does have a small fan. It does not need something heating it up. I will try the suggestions here when I get some more time.

For those that do receive PBS-HD on 125, what TP, SR, FEC do you have listed?

RT.

I have an alternate possible theory that only takes a few seconds to verify. If, by chance, you do not have your lnb set to 10750 in your initial setup, even though you see signal, your blind scan will default to scanning the wrong frequency range and thus miss the channels you seek.

12140 freq
V polarity
30000 symbol
AUTO FEC
Thanks Ice. That is where I was looking. Now have it!

I have an alternate possible theory that only takes a few seconds to verify. If, by chance, you do not have your lnb set to 10750 in your initial setup, even though you see signal, your blind scan will default to scanning the wrong frequency range and thus miss the channels you seek.
WOW!!!! There IS the answer! I was able to pick up the PBS but the TR was higher than what Lyngsat even has listed. Once I set the lnb to 10750 I got a 69 sig and 48 Q and picked up the PBS right where it should have been!!!
That brings up question on that lnb setting. There are several in that receiver. How are you to know what one to use at any time???

I also removed that extra circuit board from the receiver. WOW was that making it hot. Temp is down now by over 60%. Thanks.

RT.

You set the LO freq for your lnbf, it won't change from satellite to satellite. Standard lnbf (sometimes called single) = 10750...for regular ku band free to air.

You set the LO freq for your lnbf, it won't change from satellite to satellite. Standard lnbf (sometimes called single) = 10750...for regular ku band free to air.
OK, good. Have it set correctly now and working great.
Nice cat. RT is 19 lbs. Eats too much. . . . .
(he does all my posting, as you can see. . . .)

RT.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)