Upgraded 311 to 512 DVR complete signal loss?

madaradio

Original poster
Sep 15, 2012
Can
Hi guys, first time poster.

I've been running a 311 receiver for the past year year with no issues. I recently purchased a 512 dvr receiver and am having issues getting a signal to both inputs.

The dish hasnt moved or been damaged in any way so I have no idea why I'm not getting a signal. I'm running dual LNB's, into a sw44 switch, into a dp plus separator, then finally into sat 1 and sat 2 inputs. When I run a check with both inputs connected I get signal through to sat input 1 (110 + 119) but nothing to sat input 2 (says not verified), and thus cannot proceed.

When I disconnect sat input 2, and re run a check, I get an ok signal (110 + 119) and am able to watch TV but cannot record and watch at the same time or use PIP since input 2 is disconnected.

It appears that signal to 119 is weak, could the this be why once the signal is split I dont get anything? Maybe readjust the dish?

any help would be much appreciated! thanks!

Hi guys, first time poster.

I've been running a 311 receiver for the past year year with no issues. I recently purchased a 512 dvr receiver and am having issues getting a signal to both inputs.

The dish hasnt moved or been damaged in any way so I have no idea why I'm not getting a signal. I'm running dual LNB's, into a sw44 switch, into a dp plus separator, then finally into sat 1 and sat 2 inputs. When I run a check with both inputs connected I get signal through to sat input 1 (110 + 119) but nothing to sat input 2 (says not verified), and thus cannot proceed.

When I disconnect sat input 2, and re run a check, I get an ok signal (110 + 119) and am able to watch TV but cannot record and watch at the same time or use PIP since input 2 is disconnected.

It appears that signal to 119 is weak, could the this be why once the signal is split I dont get anything? Maybe readjust the dish?

any help would be much appreciated! thanks!
SW44 says you are using Legacy LNB, DPP separator can only be used with DPP LNB/Switches. Your equipment isn't compatible.

thanks for the quick reply. So does that mean I need new LNBs and switch? or just new switch? Would a sw21 switch be compatible?

Any switch that starts with SW is LEGACY and won't work with DP or DPP switches and LNBs. If all you have is a 311 and a 625 on a dish 500 a DPP TWIN is a cheap solution.
thanks for the quick reply. So does that mean I need new LNBs and switch? or just new switch? Would a sw21 switch be compatible?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)