Upgraded weak signal? 103 is poor.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bowlboundgman

Original poster
Jul 25, 2017
Upstate NY
I have been a DTV customer for 10 years and have had very little signal fade when it rains (it had to storm with dark skies for me to have signal fade). My installer connected a new dish with the reverse band LNB (for the 4k service) and removed what looked like an amplifier were all my receivers were connected to.
Problem- We had some rain last night and I lost signal. I had what looked like a great image on TV but I keep on getting the searching for satellite on 2 message then I eventually lost my image. How can I improve my signal. I noticed that I have a bad signal on 103 and 99. I added photos.
I have the new Genie with 2 4k clients, 1 regular client, a HD DVR and a regular HD receiver.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3084.JPG
    IMG_3084.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_3085.JPG
    IMG_3085.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_3086.JPG
    IMG_3086.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_3087.JPG
    IMG_3087.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_3088.JPG
    IMG_3088.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 166
:welcome to Satelliteguys bowlboundgman!

The 99s and 103s signals are spot beams so they don't matter except for the one that is for your area. The 99 ca and 99 cb signals are too low. What about the 103 ca and 103 cb? I'm guessing they are also low. All should be in the mid to upper 90s. It's likely your dish needs to be realigned. Call customer service and ask to have someone come and fix it. Since it probably was recently done, there should be no charge.

Thanks for your info. I added the 103 Ca and 103 Cb.
Thanks again

Attachments

• IMG_3089.JPG
    IMG_3089.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_3090.JPG
    IMG_3090.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 164
Those numbers are even worse! You definitely need a service call. How long since the install?

Looks like the installer just swapped the LNB and did NO verification.
Those are TERRIBLE 99/103 numbers

Doctor j

Status
Please reply by conversation.