Upgrading from 522 to 722 - couple questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

u4ea

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2004
South Florida
I am finally upgrading to HD. I currently have a 522 (which has actually worked very well for me since day 1) and I just called to order the 722 HD Dvr. I just spoke with someone from / with Dish Network in some far off land (India?) I am not sure they knew the answers to all my questions. So, I figured I would ask here.

1. Is the vip722 upgrade just the receiver or is there also a new dish with it? (I sure hope it doesn't need a new dish... My current dish is about 24' up)

2. Is there a way I can back up the stuff I currently have saved on my 522 and move it over to the 722 when it gets here in the next couple days? We have a lot of content on the 522 I would love to save in possible.

3. How is the quality of the 722? Any issues I should be aware of? Currently we use the 522 in two adjoining rooms. (family room / master bedroom) We figure the HD will be the family room and the SD will be in the master.

4. Is there a way to wipe the content on the drives once i ship it back to Dish?

I will call dish tomorrow and speak to someone hopefully from over here that has a little more knowledge than the person I just spoke with.

1. HD for Florida is on the 129 location. If you have that already, then no.
2. No.
3. I do not have a 722, but have not heard of too much wrong with it. I'm sure someone with a 722 will chime in on this point.
4. You should be able to delete everything before you send it back. If not Dish will do it.

I thought south FL couldn't get 129.

According to the Dish Network Channel chart, he only needs 110 and 119- or did I miss something? For HD, 61.5 (which he'd be much happier with than 129).

Yep. Look here. Shaded areas are where 129 is not received, at least not with a Dish 1000. I guess a 24" or bigger antenna might get it, but I doubt it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)