Upgrading soon so what should I ask for?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

curtishd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
I currently have the HR34 and I'm having issues with freezing of recorded DVR content so I'm going to be upgrading soon.

My current set up is 3 HR22 and 1 HR34.
I was thinking about getting an HR54 and 2 c61k and keeping just one HR22. I have one 4K tv but will eventually get another. Does this sound good?

Now when I get the new install what should I make sure happens? New dish? New lnb?

Right now you have 11 tuners. An HR54 plus two C61K plus one of your HR22 will give you only 7 tuners. Is that enough?
remember you can only have one 4K channel at a time. DirecTV would normally only give you one C61K since you only have one 4K TV. So an upgrade would be: HR54 plus C61K, keep two HR22. When the tech comes to do the 4K install, see if he will switch out the HR22s for HR24s. You can't arrange this beforehand. If so a good tip would be appropriate!
That would be 9 tuners total. He should ideally install a reverse band LNB, which will support 13 tuners. You don't need reverse band now but at some time in the future it will be needed.

the RBLNB only gets installed if the work order calls it out specifically, gotta have ultimate or premium package i believe. the 22's you should be able to get swapped to 24's if you tell em they're starting to freeze in the recordings. for 4k, the installer will not put in a C61K without a 4k tv, for each. might have to borrow a friends if you want to get 2 of them.

Would the tech hook 2 c61ks to one tv? Then when he leaves I can move it to a non4k tv for a while until I upgrade the tv.

You could always order it and when the tech comes explain your end goal and offer a gratuity so to speak. May or may not work depending on the tech.

That said, knowing they get QA audits at times they may not go with the idea of having an extra C61k.

Status
Please reply by conversation.