Upgrading to HD - Need New Dish and other ?'s

dlarruso

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 29, 2005
Hey Gang,
Well the old tax return went for a new HDTV so now I need to upgrade to HD. Rather than muddle through the Dish CSR mess where you never know what answer you might get I am coming to the pros here at SG.

I have a 625 right now and want to get a 622.

Question 1.
Do I need to have a new dish installed or will my existing work?

Question 2.
If I trade in my 625 for the 622 through the DISH'n It UP promo ($99 after $50 credit) will I qualify for the $10 a month credit as well that some have talked about here?

Question 3.
Does the 622 perform just like the 625? In other words, rather than schedule an install can I just have them ship me the 622 and I can swap out the 625 for the 622 and be good?

Question 4.
I currently have the Top 200 so would it be wise for me to sign up for the DVR Advantage (Top 200 + HD)?

Thanks Fellas

Question 1. Yes, you will either need a new dish (Dish1000, Dish1000.2 or Dish 1000+), or an additional dish pointed at 129 or 61.5 depends on where you live.

Question 2. Check with Dish on this one, I 'm not sure of that promo is still valid.

Question 3. Yes the operation is similar, but you cannot just swap them because the 622 needs to see additional satellite locations to get all your HD programming. Install is free anyway, go with the flow.

Question 4. DVR advantage will save you about $4 per month if you were going to subscribe to locals, otherwise it will be $1 more and you get the locals anyway.

Thanks a lot for the info

I am in Phoenix, AZ so will I need just one DIsh 1000?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)