Upgrading to HD - Newbie Install Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bipolarity

Original poster
Oct 2, 2005
Hi Guys,

I've been a D* subscriber since 1995 and am finally taking the plunge to upgrade to the HD package. My Pioneer Elite 1130HD is on its way and I have some embarrassingly newbie questions for you "pros" and hope you can help.

I live in a condo, and currently have my dish in my back patio with one cable connecting into the junction box which connects to one cable going to each room that was pre-wired when the condos were built in 1989. I know that I will need to upgrade to the new oval multi-satellite dish and HR10-250 D*/TiVo box.

My questions revolve around the need for running additional cabling (or not). What specific outputs come off the new dish? Is it just duplicate A and B feeds or is the HD signal an entirely separate connection on the dish? Is it possible to unify some of those signals using a multi-switch diplexer box (like the Terk BMS-58) and then re-split them using a diplexer (like the Terk BDD-32) or will I definitely have to run a second cable all the way to the new D*/TiVo box?

Also, when I get the signal there, do I run component video or HDMI to the Pioneer HDTV controller box?

Any input people have will be appreciated. Sorry for the newbie nature of the questions, but suffice it to say I've learned a LOT reading this forum and really value the info I've gleaned already.

Thanks,

Bipolarity

The 3lnb dish has a built-in multiswitch so it has 4 outputs that go directly to each tuner/receiver, if yuu have need for more than 4, you would need a cascadable multiswitch.

One run per tuner to take maximum advantage of the dvr features.

So, no, diplexors won't let you use 1 cable for 2 tuners, you would need a stacker/destacker, not cheap.

Just run another line from the dish :)

HDMI is said to be the better.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts