Upgrading to HD Service..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nmknight

Original poster
Dec 1, 2010
usa
I have been with Directv for about a year (signed up Dec 7,2009) and had a sd TV. Got a led lcd tv recently and called customer support (CS) about the upgrade. CS said it would be 199 for the hd dvr, 45 install, 19 S&H. :mad: WTF 264.00 for hd service along with another 2 year contract. I just want HD service, why would i spend 264 to get a better feed.

So, how could i do this cheaper and without getting into a longer contract?

I wanted to cancel and just go over to dish but then its about the same amount of money to go that way....

any advice?!!

thanks

I have been with Directv for about a year (signed up Dec 7,2009) and had a sd TV. Got a led lcd tv recently and called customer support (CS) about the upgrade. CS said it would be 199 for the hd dvr, 45 install, 19 S&H. :mad: WTF 264.00 for hd service along with another 2 year contract. I just want HD service, why would i spend 264 to get a better feed.

So, how could i do this cheaper and without getting into a longer contract?

I wanted to cancel and just go over to dish but then its about the same amount of money to go that way....

any advice?!!

thanks

It's going to be a two year commitment any way you do it, but you may get a better deal on the dvr by calling back and getting a different csr. You may not do better than $199, but possibly get the other fees waived.

Just tell them that you want HD and don't want to pay for the upgrade. Tell them that you can go to x number of other providers that will install HD for free. That is what I did and I got everything free

Yeah I have called several times, the best Total price has come out to 202.00. I have read thru this forum a couple 0f times and said what the heck, lets see what info I get. Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)