Upgrading to HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ketchup1211

Original poster
Apr 8, 2009
Wisconsin
I have directv in three rooms (living room, bedroom, and basement). I already have HD in the living room (so i have the HD dish and HD access on the account) and would like to upgrade my basement receiver from standard to HD. If i would go to best buy and buy a new HD receiver for $99 would there be any extra charges from directv when i call to activate the new box? I also realize that buy a new box enters me into a new two year contract and am not worried about that. All i want to know is that after the purchase of the HD box would there be any charge from directv to activate it or anything else?

I have directv in three rooms (living room, bedroom, and basement). I already have HD in the living room (so i have the HD dish and HD access on the account) and would like to upgrade my basement receiver from standard to HD. If i would go to best buy and buy a new HD receiver for $99 would there be any extra charges from directv when i call to activate the new box? I also realize that buy a new box enters me into a new two year contract and am not worried about that. All i want to know is that after the purchase of the HD box would there be any charge from directv to activate it or anything else?

There would be the $5/month leased receiver fee (which is the same as the $5/month mirroring charge that old purchased receivers had), other then that no charges. Have you checked your account online to see what DirecTV would charge for a new HD receiver, if you are a 'good' customer you might see that it's free and the HD DVR is $99.

There would be the $5/month leased receiver fee (which is the same as the $5/month mirroring charge that old purchased receivers had), other then that no charges. Have you checked your account online to see what DirecTV would charge for a new HD receiver, if you are a 'good' customer you might see that it's free and the HD DVR is $99.
Yea i actually ordered an HD box from Directv (which was $99) and they send me a used H20 with non of the cables to even hook it up. So i called Directv last night and told them i will be shipping it back and decided just to go get one from Best Buy. I have been a costumer of Directv for about 5 years now and never had trouble with them until this.

Yea i actually ordered an HD box from Directv (which was $99) and they send me a used H20 with non of the cables to even hook it up. So i called Directv last night and told them i will be shipping it back and decided just to go get one from Best Buy. I have been a costumer of Directv for about 5 years now and never had trouble with them until this.

That is one of the problems with ordering from DirecTV and I'd also be pi**ed getting a refurb that they didn't even bother to put cables in and having the pay the same price as going to BB. Only mentioned the D* web site since some folks can get it for free and some folks like free.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)