Upgrading to KU

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ecostar

Original poster
Feb 14, 2006
The net

I got 4dtv too and I want to upgrade into Ku + C band lnb should I cover the dish with something in order to reflect correctly Ku beans into de lnb (prime focus) that doesn't matter?

What dou you recomend

I have not heard of anything like that, needing a covering that will reflect a ku beam? Has someone told you the dish can't handle ku band? Adding ku band to existing cband doesn't usually involve doing anything to the actual reflector. You may need to change the feedhorn to one that has a port for both lnb's. One that i know of is the C/Ku Corotor II from Chaparral.

What is your dish made out of? If it has mesh with small holes (that a number two pencil won't go thru) or if its solid aluminum, you only need the c/ku corotor II feedhorn and the two lnbs.

I got a BSC621-2 C/Ku LNBF and did not need to do anything to my 12 ft. wire mesh dish. Ku works fine on my dish. I've read that if the holes in the wire mesh dish are exceptionally large, like the size of a pencil, then there may be problems with getting Ku.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)