Upgrading to the 5LNB Dish- Question?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Seed

Original poster
Aug 20, 2007
Hello,

I am upgrading to the 5 LNB dish this weekend and will be using the new HR20 DVR and of course I got a good deal thanks to many people here, who also got a good deal. One question, I also have a regular Non-HD TV in the back room and would there be any reason to upgrade to a new MPEG 4 non HD - DVR on that set? Would I miss any non HD channels by not upgrading? or should I just use my HR10-250 on that set? Just wondering....since I already ordered a regular DVR for that set.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello,

I am upgrading to the 5 LNB dish this weekend and will be using the new HR20 DVR and of course I got a good deal thanks to many people here, who also got a good deal. One question, I also have a regular Non-HD TV in the back room and would there be any reason to upgrade to a new MPEG 4 non HD - DVR on that set? Would I miss any non HD channels by not upgrading? or should I just use my HR10-250 on that set? Just wondering....since I already ordered a regular DVR for that set.

Any help would be appreciated.

As long as you will not be watching hd on it, there is no reason to upgrade for the foreseeable future.

Total Transition

Thanks!

I was thinking the same thing, but then I did not know when DTV will make the total transition from MPEG2 to MPEG4. Anyone know?

Thanks again.

Thanks!

I was thinking the same thing, but then I did not know when DTV will make the total transition from MPEG2 to MPEG4. Anyone know?

Thanks again.

Like all of their plans, they aren't saying! Mpeg2 will be here for a long time. There are millions of mpeg2 boxes out there that they would have to replace.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)