Happy new D* customer here!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

zwildcats

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
Well, I got D* installed yesterday (had been an E* customer for 9 1/2 years). The guy hooked me up with a Slimline (AU9), an H20-100 and a WB68 Zinwell switch. I had my E* Superdish mounted on a 4x4 in my backyard and was elated when the D* installer said that he could reuse it for my new Slimline. No new holes in my house, yes! I'm really digging my Monday Night Football in HD right now! Thanks to everyone for the advice and information during my transition. A couple questions though, there is one unused port on the input side of the multiswitch, Flexport 2. Should anything be connected to this? Also, I currently have RG59 in my house. I'm debating whether or not to replace it with RG6 this fall (too hot up in the attic right now). What do you guys think, is it worth the effort? Will I gain a noticeable difference in picture quality by running RG6? I have to say, my picture looks pretty darn good the way it is now!

The Flexports are used to support two satellite positions that D* uses for some SD local's and some international programming, so unless you have both of these then the open port is OK. On the RG-59 question, you or may not be OK, D* says you need it to carry the frequency range used by the new Ka band satellites which carry the local HD channels (if you have them in your area) and the new HD national channels coming in September. So while you might be OK now you might run into problems when you start to receive the new HD channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)