Hoping Someone Can Help...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

whanes1

Original poster
Aug 20, 2007
I have an R-10 Directv receiver w/Tivo. I went to bed and the it was working fine. The next day, it is showing me a message that says 'You have inserted the wrong access card'.

The rub is that this is the same card that has been in this receiver the entire time that I have owned it. Customer Service had me restart, take out and re-enter the card, wiggle the card, , and clean the card. None of these steps worked. I also think that they tried to zap the box remotely, but that didn't work either.

It was suggested to me that my card reader might have gone bad. So, I guess my question is: 1. Could it just be that my access card is bad? -or- 2. If my card reader is bad, how can I get that repaired?

They sent me a replacement box, but it is an R15 which I absolutely hate so far. Any help woud be appreciated.

You should be able to have them marry the card out of the R15 to the R10. If it works it was a bad card if it dosen't work it is a bad reader call and ask for tech support.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)