Upgrading: Two dishes, or a new motor?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

penguinsix

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
I have a 90cm dish with a HH-90 that I think I can safely say is just shot. It has a mind of its own sometime, and changes positions, goes to reference, does whatever almost as if it was possessed.

So I'm kind of wondering: should I just replace the HH-90 motor, or upgrade to a bigger dish (with a motor) and use the old 90cm as a fixed dish for one bird (G-3--wife loves CCTV). Will I notice much of an improvement with a 120 v 90 dish? How are the 120 motors? I heard SG-2100 was a good motor.

Also, would upgrading to a top of the line LNBF instead of the generic one I got with my prior dish help much? I'm wondering how much of an improvement I might see with a bigger dish, better motor, and new LNBF vs. just replacing my old motor.

A bigger dish and new lower noise LNBF will certainly help with the lower signals and provide much better reception during any rain!

I have a 90cm dish with a HH-90 that I think I can safely say is just shot. It has a mind of its own sometime, and changes positions, goes to reference, does whatever almost as if it was possessed.

I have an HH90 that I thought was posessed a little while ago. As soon as I shortened the cable between the receiver and the motor the demon was vanquished (thanks for the tip PSB :) ).

well i'm a stickler for tracking down a problem so i would try to find that problem. as per upgrading . man that 031 someone reccommended to me as a upgrade and future expansion it was right on the money, its big though and a monster but it does the job.

The QPH-031 rocks. It is far superior to the el-cheapo that came with my 1m Gospell dish that I'm still trying to peak on G10R with no success. I'm thinking of replacing it with (another) QPH-031 even if it is way more expensive.

The QPH-031 is really wasted on a fixed install, unless the target would be something like 101w (AMC-4 and DTV sub) or 91w (ExpressVu freebies and G-11 for feeds)...

But it is a GREAT product!

Yeah I know it's overkill if I don't motorize the 1m dish (if I don't it will be fixed at G10R) but I've had such stellar results with the one on my 90cm dish especially considering I'm brushing the top of some trees that are in the way. If cost isn't a consideration, any recommendations on the best universal LNB?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)