Uplink Activity 4/23/08 1:30 PM EDT

Or just make a favorite list of the hd channels you want.

I didn't want to use the regular All HD because it includes all those ppvs, center ice, and other crap channels I don't want to see when I browse.

So I made a Jim HD list with all HD, no repeat channels.

I like locks because if a new channel is added and for some reason i am not around the forums, it will pop up. If you setup a favorite list, you could go weeks without seeing new channels.

What are the plans for these channels? Locals? Nationals?

Reports from other places state they are currently:
Tennis Channel HD
Mojo HD
Smithsonian HD
WFN (upconverted)

Mojo was supposed to have been dropped and Cartoon Network put in its place, but that apparently hasn't happened yet.

In order for Dish to add all those national HD channels they teased us with, they are going to have to move Boston and NYC HD locals (currently conus) to spots on 61.5. There is enough space on 129. 61.5 is jammed until those locals move. AMC14 would have helped here...

No new national HD today was expected IMHO but not uplinking any more national HD for availability next week is disappointing. There's no way Dish is going to make all the national HD channels they mentioned available by May 1st at this pace.

Where is "May 1st" coming from ? Did Dish actually say "by May 1st" ??

not scott was saying we will see a lot of stuff by may 1st. he didnt say we would see everything by may 1st though.

....In order for Dish to add all those national HD channels they teased us with, they are going to have to move Boston and NYC HD locals (currently conus) to spots on 61.5. There is enough space on 129. 61.5 is jammed until those locals move. AMC14 would have helped here...
Aren't the New York and Boston HD Locals already up-linked to spot beams on 61.5 but just not available yet? Or did I read the EKB list wrong?

Talon Dancer

Aren't the New York and Boston HD Locals already up-linked to spot beams on 61.5 but just not available yet?

Yes.

I guess the question is whether E* will accept losing some NY & Boston locals subscribers by restricting those HD locals to the spot beams, and I think that the loss of AMC14 is going to force them to do so, and hope that those subscribers all rent their U-Hauls and go to some other city that coincidentally has CONUS HD locals. ;) ;)

That would free up space for 8 National HD channels, and I'm pretty sure that they still have that much space on 129 already.

They may simply be waiting for May 1st (late April 30th), so that they don't have to pay the channel providers the fees for the month of April.

PS April 30th is also the Federal Reserve announcing the new interest rates at 2:10 pm EDT, so it should be an interesting day...

Thank you Mark for the quick reply.

Maybe because I subscribe to DishHD only + locals the CSR is saying that all HD is on 61.5?

Is my assumption wrong.

As already stated, All HD is not on 61.5.. If you have only one dish and they re-aim it to 61.5 you will loose some of your HD Programming.. If you already had a wing dish for 129 then it could be swung around to hit 61.5 with no loss.. But my best guess is you only have one dish based on what you have said. Do not let them re-aim your one dish.. Ask for a second Dish for 61.5. Never take a CSR on faith. There are some good ones.. But most seem to be highly uninformed, or just plain idiots. Especially if there name is BOB and they speak with a heavy Indian Accent. :)

Why are the hd stations for Beaumont and other cities all duplicated or triplecated over 3 different transponders? Surely this is just temporary but I can't see why they are doing it this way. Are they going to put the sd channels up there too for the other locals not in hd?

The MPEG4 SD channels are loaded, not the HD ones
You may be right but...

According to the Dish site the Boston HD Locals are channel numbers 6318-6321. And these channels numbers are the ones that the EKB list shows are loaded twice on 61.5. They are available on the conus TP 21 and unavailable on the spot beam "5s16".

Talon Dancer

...I guess the question is whether E* will accept losing some NY & Boston locals subscribers by restricting those HD locals to the spot beams, and I think that the loss of AMC14 is going to force them to do so, and hope that those subscribers all rent their U-Hauls and go to some other city that coincidentally has CONUS HD locals. ;) ;)...
Are the spot beams for Boston and New York too small for subs that "live in" those areas? Or just too small for subs that "moved" there ? :)

Talon Dancer

Last edited: