Uplink Activity For The week of 06-06-06

NO, but you can turn on sleuth and watch Knight Rider, ugh...

<Michael, It appears these channels are being presented in HD-Lite...>

StarzHD looks ok here. Watching Darkness right now (boy is that one ever a suck movie!). Gonna turn it and watch HGTV for a while. Good thing I have Platinum I guess since it sounds like they may not be part of the current HD package? (I still gotta read through everything- just woke up)

Devil's Advocate on STZHD looks HORRIBLE! The picture is worse than the same show on CH350! And it's also in 4x3!! WTF?????

Last edited:
ralfyguy said:
Devil's Advocate on STZHD looks HORRIBLE! The picture is worse than the same show on CH350! And it's also in 4x3!! WTF?????

There is nothing new here. Everyone who ever had Starz-HD complained about the channels content, but everyone clammered for it anyway....Hopefully it will improve over time.

NightRyder

Then what the hell is it called STARZ HD for? That's even worse than HD-Lite!:mad:
I mean, I compared it to the SD version on 350, and the picture is worse. Alot of pixelation amd on movements, it looks like the mouse pointer on the computer screen, when moved.

NightRyder said:
There is nothing new here. Everyone who ever had Starz-HD complained about the channels content, but everyone clammered for it anyway....Hopefully it will improve over time.

NightRyder

I don't think we're talking about content - at least I'm not (I haven't had it long enough). It's the PQ.

I've been working, so haven't been downstairs to check since it first came on but when I looked then the PQ did not impress me at all - don't even remember what the content was.

It could very well have just been that particular show but apparently from what others are saying, the PQ on StarzHD isn't that good.

waltinvt said:
I don't think we're talking about content - at least I'm not (I haven't had it long enough). It's the PQ.

I've been working, so haven't been downstairs to check since it first came on but when I looked then the PQ did not impress me at all - don't even remember what the content was.

It could very well have just been that particular show but apparently from what others are saying, the PQ on StarzHD isn't that good.

PQ isn't too bad on what little HD material I've seen.....but the movie ralfyguy was posting about was 4:3 SD and he was correct it looked like sh*t. This is the content issue I was referring to and from what I've heard Starz does way too much of it.

NightRyder

NightRyder said:
PQ isn't too bad on what little HD material I've seen.....but the movie ralfyguy was posting about was 4:3 SD and he was correct it looked like sh*t. This is the content issue I was referring to and from what I've heard Starz does way too much of it.

NightRyder

OK, I see what you're saying now.

Geesh, I still haven't got back downstairs. It's all you guys fault too. I keep checking in on SatGuys instead of getting work done. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)