Uplink Activity for the week of April 24th 2006

Scott Greczkowski said:
Ahh now I get it. :)

Cool one of the new uplink centers is online. :)

All 4 of the new Uplink Centers are online.

Most, if not all of the May 5 moves are done. Still some SuperDiSH moves left.

All NTSC locals are gone from 61.5. All split market NTSC locals may be gone from 148. I know many of them moved this morning.

Last edited:
Weird...
All the regular Harrisburg stations were again moved to TP4 (booo...hisss....), but not in the Franklin County SV range.
But only WGCB was moved in both ranges, but to TP 18.

I'm guessing that maybe TP 18 is recievable in all the Harrisburg market, but TP 4 is not recievable in Franklin County (of course southern York County has a whopping 56 for me, again boo...hisss...)

But that would seem a waste of space to me to have the same channels mirrored on both 110 & 119, when the 119 ones are viewable in the entire market.

This just in: (should solve a conflict between Hartford and Harrisburg)

6293 WHTM MOVED FROM Tp 3 Northeast beam on EchoStar 7 at 119w
TO Tp 4 Spotbeam 4 from Mount Jackson for EchoStar 10 at 110w

6294 WHP MOVED FROM Tp 3 Northeast beam on EchoStar 7 at 119w

6295 WGAL MOVED FROM Tp 3 Northeast beam on EchoStar 7 at 119w

6296 WPMT MOVED FROM Tp 3 Northeast beam on EchoStar 7 at 119w

6297 WLYH MOVED FROM Tp 3 Northeast beam on EchoStar 7 at 119w

6298 WITF MOVED FROM Tp 3 Northeast beam on EchoStar 7 at 119w

goaliebob99 said:
Im thinking the faster they get things done the better... :) How quick after all the moves are done do we expect to see new National hd???

Well, I would think they are making plenty of room for more HD nationals on the 61.5 and 129 by moving off all these locals, right ?

Is anyone keeping track of all these moves on E10 and E8? If so, how much capacity is left on E10 and E8? Just trying to figure out how much HD content they could uplink to the 110 location.

RandallA said:
Is anyone keeping track of all these moves on E10 and E8? If so, how much capacity is left on E10 and E8? Just trying to figure out how much HD content they could uplink to the 110 location.

I am not sure if there is going to be any additional room for national HD content on 110 W soon. Dish has licenses for 50 TPs at 110/119 and prior to E-10 was using 13 TPs for locals and 37 for national programming from these slots. This included 5 TPs for spotbeams on E-8 at 110 W and 5 TPs for spotbeams on E-7 at 119 W. Dish was also providing about 3 TPs of non-distant SD locals using CONUS TPs. E-10 has the capability to use 10 TPs for spotbeams but I am not sure if they are using all of them yet but I believe the 5 TPs of spotbeams on E-8 have been shutdown. Combine this with the 5 TPs being used for spotbeams by E-7 at 119 W and you get 15 TPs for spotbeams. I do not believe Dish has shutdown any spotbeams on E-7 at 119 W. This leaves Dish 2 TPs short for national programming. I do know that Dish had 1 TP at 110 W that did not have much programming on it prior to E-10 but you can see why there is little space on 110 W for more national HD content.

"I think Randall wants to find out which TPs in the new E10 Spots have been left open to possibly add HD local markets."

Correct! I saw joblo's spreadsheet but can't really understand it. I'll take a look at it after work with more time and see if I can figure it out.

Like rocatman said, there's probably not much left after all the moves. Oh well!

Thanks guys.

I get the DC locals. Last night I noticed on channel 68 that a PBS channel 13 from Newark NJ was coming in. Is this supposed to be or did DISH uplink the wrong channel to me? Just wondering.

hallrk said:
I get the DC locals. Last night I noticed on channel 68 that a PBS channel 13 from Newark NJ was coming in. Is this supposed to be or did DISH uplink the wrong channel to me? Just wondering.
It is most likely an error by E*, What are the Call letters in the EPG?

My only complaint here in St. Louis about the move is that I am only getting a signal reading of 82 on the spot from TP29 on Echo X in contrast to 118 on the spot from TP5 on 119. It took quite a storm to knock out locals before, but now who knows? Sounds though like I'll find out this weekend according to the forcast.

Ok, I was finally able to gather the data from Lyngsat. This list is as of April 26. I don't know how to figure out what TP comes from what satellite, maybe someone else can help here.

But from Rocatman's post, E8 is using all Conus as the Spotbeams were shut down. So is it safe to assume that all Spots are from E10 and all Conus are from E8? And the most important question, how many TPs can E* operate at 110?

Here is the list:

Attachments

• TPs in use at 110 orbital location.xls
    20.5 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts