Uplink Activity for the week of May 01 2006

Im curious if they plan on keeping the stations that were at 105 in which went to 129 and are still on 105 to keep them that way, on both 105 and 129.

Stargazer said:
Im curious if they plan on keeping the stations that were at 105 in which went to 129 and are still on 105 to keep them that way, on both 105 and 129.

Probably will keep them there until they feel the DiSH 1000 is the major device in those markets. In other words long enough to replace the SuperDiSHes that are there already. There would seem to be no particular rush since all new installs can be DiSH 1000s except in Providence, RI

BFG said:
And here's what we're talking about. HD local uplinks, on E10 @ 110w (except where noted)

The following that dish said would be up in the Second Quarter ;)

Portland - 29s44
6420 KATU
6421 KOIN
6422 KGW
6423 KPTV

Woohoo!! :clap :clap :clap

My 622 arrives next week. Hope they have them available soon.....:hungry: :hungry:

NightRyder

stuart628 said:
just for clarification, are they putting HD locals on the 110 then? instead of the 129, so future markets should be on there as well?

Not instead of the 129. They are placing these markets on 110(exception San Francisco 119) because there is space on the appropriate Spotbeams(note that among the 11 markets listed there are 3 channels on 129). As to future Markets, there is no announcement as to the availabillity of Spotbeam space and the markets may go on 61.5 or 129.

Last edited:
dang it lol, well I hope there is still space when they do cleveland, or they use 61.5 as I DO not want to upgrade to a 1000, I could always swing my 61.5 to 129, butttttt I am lazy right now!

John,

Young Br.
KRON SF
WKRN Nash
WTEN Albany-Schen
WATE Knox
WRIC Rich-Peters
WBAY GB/App
KWQC Daven
WLNS Lans
KELO Sioux Falls-Mitch
KLFY Lafayette, LA
KCLO Rapid City
Other Media Interests: Satellite TV Stations

Any ideas?

chelsea said:
John,

Young Br.
KRON SF
WKRN Nash
WTEN Albany-Schen
WATE Knox
WRIC Rich-Peters
WBAY GB/App
KWQC Daven
WLNS Lans
KELO Sioux Falls-Mitch
KLFY Lafayette, LA
KCLO Rapid City
Other Media Interests: Satellite TV Stations

Any ideas?

WKRN would probably be enough to drag KRON. but the others certainly help. Probably a packaged deal.

Why does the perception persist that HD LIL will be coming from 129? Where did this even come from to begin with? How would that even work? It doesn't make any sense!

I realize that there are plans to change the bird at 129, but those plans are pretty unclear and only came to light recently. E10 at 110 has always been the main part of the plan.

In fact, I could be wrong, but wasn't the whole Rainbow-1 deal still up in the air when the HD-LIL markets were announced? I always assumed the 48 announced markets would all be at 110, because they KNEW they could do at least that much if everything else fell apart.

M Sparks said:
Why does the perception persist that HD LIL will be coming from 129? Where did this even come from to begin with? How would that even work? It doesn't make any sense!

I realize that there are plans to change the bird at 129, but those plans are pretty unclear and only came to light recently. E10 at 110 has always been the main part of the plan.

In fact, I could be wrong, but wasn't the whole Rainbow-1 deal still up in the air when the HD-LIL markets were announced? I always assumed the 48 announced markets would all be at 110, because they KNEW they could do at least that much if everything else fell apart.
I think the reason is that 129 and 61.5 have always been the "hd dishes", even now if you call for a hd package they, Dish, will say you need a dish 1000 for 129, we've see it here for parts of the country that cant even get 129 !

On the other hand 110 echo x has been positioned as the sat to resolve the multiple dishes for locals. I'm not saying it's right but that is how things have been perceived. And as we know in customer relations "perception is the only reality."

So I guess I'll have to upgrade my two 811's to 211's in order to see my local HD's on E*. Bummer.....

Any empty spot TP on E10 after they finish the big standard definition moves will probably be used for HD LiL. The spot has to be empty since it is not practical mix HD/SD on the same TP.

When E10 was designed it was probably set up to be able to get to single dish all markets in SD. They probably dropped plans to add new SD LiL markets and are using the spare capacity to add HD LiL instead. If the Dish 500/1000+ comes out as rumored to have all the national HD channels on 118.7, they could add more HD LiL on 129, and have it move to spot when the spot beam satellite gets put into action.

As usual with Dish you never know what is going to happen. They start many plans and later change their minds...

mike123abc said:
As usual with Dish you never know what is going to happen.
That's because they often don't announce ahead of time or if they do, it's ambigious enough to allow them an escape route.
mike123abc said:
They start many plans and later change their minds...
It's not so much they change their mind, it's that no one within their organization has enough vision to actually foresee something to it's logical outcome. I expect "oh sh*t" is one of their most used expressions.

The following 11 that dish said would be up in the Second Quarter

Dallas - 31s21
6383 WFAA
6384 KTVT
6385 KXAS
6386 KDFW

So, when should we expect these bad-boys to be turned on?

Dunno.

Maybe a week or two of testing.

Most of the channels uplinked don't have the audio and video running yet. More like placeholders...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)