Uplink Activity Report - 02/07/2007 - 251 changes

The problem is that all the e-mail that is not taken directly by the folks at the tech chat are redirected to regular CSRs. Possibly better trained CSRs, but CSRs none-the-less, who just do not understand some questions. Granted they probably deal with some winners, but the question like the one above and my question about adding anamorphic signal on 622 TV2 out were just completely misunderstood.

Here is what I sent in
recently purchased a 622 receiver and love all the cool features.

I knew in advance that TV 2 was a standard def output. However I have a 16x9 TV hooked up to TV2 but was disappointed to find out that the only options on TV 2 for HD channels are 4x3 with the sides of the picture cut off and 4x3 letterbox. Are there any plans for a software update that would allow for either full 16x9 SD or 4x3 anamorphic and allowing the monitor to stretch out the image to "real" size without losing any more resolution?

and what I got back:

Thank you for your e-mail. Unfortunately, because coaxial cable is used for theTV2, 4:3 is the only aspect ratio available. We apologize for the inconvenience.

I appreciated the quick response, but unfortunately there are so many things wrong with that simple answer that I was amazed!

oh well.

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)