Uplink Activity Report - 1/21/2009 4:12pm - 145 changes

The NorthEast Texas spot beam which covers Dallas also covers Shreveport. Spot Beam 41.

Thanks man. Maybe we'll get to see some HD locals around here before too awful long. It would be nice to have the ability to record two locals at once before the 922 come available.

The Northeast Texas beam does cover Shreveport but not that well. The Arkansas beam covers it with higher power.

Quite right. The Arkansas beam, SB 37, shows coverage at 54.81dBW. SB41 power for Shreveport is slightly under 52dBW. Either could be used, but SB37 would clearly be much better. I overlooked it the first time through.:)

Fitzie

Quite right. The Arkansas beam, SB 37, shows coverage at 54.81dBW. SB41 power for Shreveport is slightly under 52dBW. Either could be used, but SB37 would clearly be much better. I overlooked it the first time through.:)

Fitzie

I'm thinking more of the Arkansas beam since it also covers the southern parishes of the DMA better...not that well but they are covered.

5250(6) - KIVI [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 04 Spotbeam ?? (NA)(Nampa, ID)
5251(2) - KBCI [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 04 Spotbeam ?? (NA)(Boise, ID)
5252(7) - KTVB [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 04 Spotbeam ?? (NA)(Boise, ID)
5253(12) - KTRV [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 04 Spotbeam ?? (NA)(Nampa, ID)

For what it is worth ... according to this site these should be on spot beam 11.

Well the pdf attached to Nelson61's Post at http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/157858-ciel-2-tracking-post1678028.html#post1678096 shows Shreveport as one of the test sites (i Think) see page 3. But what do all of those numbers mean? Shreveport has the hightest "Clear-sky downlink C/N (dB)" just looking for some indication of how to read this chart.

The Southeast US has rain fade problems so those spotbeams will be receiving a more robust signal to compensate. That is also why the highest strength Conus stengths will also tend to be in the SE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)