Uplink Activity Report - 10/29/2008 1:02pm - 56 changes

Charlie you've made my 36th birthday wish come TRUE, CW KTLA LA 5 in HD, now I can watch America's Top Model in HD. Wahooooooooooooo. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Hey, do I notice the temporary remaps for HBO and Showtime for those without MPEG4 receivers going away. Could this be a sign of progress in the MPEG4 transition?

280 is not available for me, while 181 is available.

So, it might be only for certain subscribers.

It's not in the guide either, so it is either " (H) " or " (NA) ".

Weird. What package do you have? It's available in my AT250+HD, or whatever they call it now. It's hard to keep track...

Do you have an ION channel in your DMA? I do, although Dish doesn't carry it.

They show up on 5502 and 5503 in the middle of the spot beam HD's for AK and HI. They don't map to 122 (SCI-FI) or 105 (USA) for us in AK.

About time. Went home for lunch and they're there. The strength on transponder 17 when I checked this spring was 35 and now it's 71. The signal strength from various transponders now varies from 66 to 109. That might be strong enough for customers in Alaska to get 110 without a huge dish.

HBO ans SHO

I see they have removed 6205 and 6207, HBO and SHO. Have they gone Mpeg 4 or whats the deal as i do not have an Mpeg 4 receiver.

6310(5) - KTLA [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar5 129W TP 10 ConUS beam changed to Available (H)
6334(2) - KWGN [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar5 129W TP 02 ConUS beam changed to Available (H)

I'm assuming these are for the LiL only and not for superstation package subscribers right?

I just got off the phone with Dish Network. I was told that these two channels are supposed to come online tomorrow, Thu 10-30.

Ron

That goes to show all of us, that the CSR's are always behind. SatelliteGuys.us is the most up to date info. site on the planet. Great Job to Scott and company. U the MAN Scott !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got off the phone with Dish Network. I was told that these two channels are supposed to come online tomorrow, Thu 10-30.
I think you are an existing customer. If you have a dish pointed at 129, according to the uplink report, you should have those locals now.

That goes to show all of us, that the CSR's are always behind. SatelliteGuys.us is the most up to date info. site on the planet.
Last night I activated a new 722, and mentioned Satelliteguys.us. The CSR, who was very helpful and knowledgeable BTW, told me he ALWAYS checks Satelliteguys every day before coming to work, so that he knows what to expect on the job. I asked him if he ever posted here, but he said that he did not.

Re: SciFi HD & USA HD available in Alaska & Hawai'i: I've had the Alaska HD pack for about 16 months now, and unless I'm mistaken, these are the first new HD channels since I've subscribed. Thanks Charlie!

Re: SciFi HD & USA HD available in Alaska & Hawai'i: I've had the Alaska HD pack for about 16 months now, and unless I'm mistaken, these are the first new HD channels since I've subscribed. Thanks Charlie!

I think you're right. I think the last time they added channels it was NFL, ESPN2 and Universal.

If they had enabled these a little sooner, I wouldn't have checked into Direct TV. Find out on Saturday if I can get it.

I see they have removed 6205 and 6207, HBO and SHO. Have they gone Mpeg 4 or whats the deal as i do not have an Mpeg 4 receiver.

Not yet according to the report but this means legacy HD boxes can no longer view those channels because the 9456 and 9460 channels are flagged as Mpeg2HD available only on Mpeg4 units.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)