Uplink Activity Report - 11/4/2008 4:02pm - 1 change

As I said before, I wasnt expecting the new HD today...

But it's strange having no uplink today.

I do see however that Dish Network is paying close attention to this thread for the last few hours. They must be having a good laugh. (Hi guys!)

I do see however that Dish Network is paying close attention to this thread for the last few hours. They must be having a good laugh. (Hi guys!)
:wave

laughing-at-computer.jpg

or maybe the left hand checking on what the right hand is doing?

Makes you wonder with them removing the MPEG2 HD capable HBO and SHO feeds last week if they will get converted to MPEG4 this week, which of course would be at night.

Possibly see a removal of some more MPEG2 HD mirrors on 110?

While, on a positive note, Astra 1M just lifted off and so far so good. Something to keep track of while waiting. Hope all goes well in preparation for Ciel-2.

It would appear they laugh at us a lot lately.

You don't think they found a way to hide the uplink, and are seeing if you guys notice, do you?

Ted

Nope, if that was the case their satellite receivers would stop working. :)

I got an idea.. tonight when you go to bed put some cookies and a glass of milk under your Satellite Dish. :)

BTW just talked to someone at Dish he says he does not know whats going on with engineering uplink, but new stuff is coming this week. So read into that what you will. I am getting tired of trying to guess.

You could have a situation where Dish is ready to unveil a group of HD channels... but the channel provider has still not finished connecting their end of the fiber feed, and so Dish must just wait for that...