Uplink Activity Report - 11/4/2008 4:02pm - 1 change

You know, they really should bag those HD PPVs and put up some more HD Sports feed capability.

Some of the previous HD PPV channels that they recently uplinked could be new national hd channels.Dish probably just named them HD PPV to hide the names of the real channels.:cool:

Nope, if that was the case their satellite receivers would stop working. :)

I got an idea.. tonight when you go to bed put some cookies and a glass of milk under your Satellite Dish. :)

BTW just talked to someone at Dish he says he does not know whats going on with engineering uplink, but new stuff is coming this week. So read into that what you will. I am getting tired of trying to guess.
What kind of cookies? Low fat milk? Soy?

The DirecTV uplink activity is much more impressive.

DBSTalk.Com - View Single Post - All New: Complete LIL TPN Map - Data of 10/29/08

If your pour through the data gct posted it looks like DirecTV intends to keep their promise to carry all HD locals. Practically every single major and mid-sized market has PBS, CW, and MNTV HD locals in testing.

This is impressive. Why did I have to come to the Dish Uplink Activity Report Forum to read about the activity on Direct???

I am sure it will be better served in the Direct Forum. People with Direct would be happy about this.

Dish can hide the uplink of channels, they just do not need to put them in the system tables. They could have a TP running up there with encrypted video streams. We could get reports of a TP with video streams (probably by P. Smith) but no nothing in the tables to tip us off. Of course they could always just put in PPV1-50 to keep us confused.

To be honest, I'm not expecting anything new. Not this evening and not for weeks either.

I'll also mention my mailbox is getting deluged with DirecTV junk mail. What's the debt level of DirecTV? I kind of wonder if they'll try to make a takeover offer of E*. Obviously the chances of a D* takeover of E* would be pretty low considering how the elections yesterday went. I just can't help but wonder what's going on with E*.

I believe we are looking for new hd on 110. I do not think that there are any RSN's on 110.

doesn't look like either HBO HD or SHO HD will be converted to mpeg4 this week, no Off Air for those over the next couple days