Uplink Activity Report - 12/10/2008 12:42pm - 110 changes

Dish needs to move 3 Angels to the 260 range (or at least mirror the channel there) and they have a great complement of Christian channels. With this addition of CTN, they really have all the most popular networks.

Daystar, TBN, EWTN, 3 Angels, INSP, Angel, Angel 2, KTV/Spirit TV and the newest addition CTN.

See ya
Tony

Thats good glad you guys finally got your locals in HD! Had mine for awhile now the OKC Channels most of time they look really good. NBC jacks up their audio sometimes but besides that they work fine.. :)

I wish DISH would make available all those national HD channels that they uplinked to 110 to AK/HI subs.

I agree with that, but we know that Dish is very slow turning on channels, even when they are uplinked. We're probably waiting for next year but I hope they prove me wrong.

Dish needs to move 3 Angels to the 260 range (or at least mirror the channel there) and they have a great complement of Christian channels. With this addition of CTN, they really have all the most popular networks.

Daystar, TBN, EWTN, 3 Angels, INSP, Angel, Angel 2, KTV/Spirit TV and the newest addition CTN.

See ya
Tony

Yeah, can't have too many christian channels. Still waiting for one small homo-friendly network but that probably will not be until hell freezes over!

As I recall Charlie and his bud on the Chat admitted they had bottomed out at 122 channels in HD. I think Indianapolis was cited as one of the HD comers in January. And possibly Columbus, OH also?

Fitzie

I agree with that, but we know that Dish is very slow turning on channels, even when they are uplinked. We're probably waiting for next year but I hope they prove me wrong.

I'm surprised that they haven't done it by now, they were uplinked over a month ago.

Oh boy...!
EPG for WGTV DT2 & WGTV DT3 (Athens/Atlanta), of course it says NA
let me vent...
this is probably more for GPB, and not so much Charlie
I hope they include the rest of the state's GPB slate, that is the other stations across the state. It would be nice to know what's coming on next on their Knowledge Channel. Of course it would also be nice to actually see HD all the time on the HD Channel, instead of upconverted programming.
A lot of statewide PBS's are in the same situation. Guide data is provided for the flagship station, but not all the satellite stations, even though they have the exact same schedule.
I get the same problem with the nearby Maryland Public Broadcasting station. Since it's not the flagship station in Anapolis, I get no guide data.

redsalmon said:
I'm surprised that they haven't done it by now, they were uplinked over a month ago.
Could it possibly be that in an effort to get every ounce of "pr hype value" out of every channel they can, Dish might "embellish" both the reality and timeliness of their intentions ever so slightly? :eek:

It would explain all the "possibly", "up to", "as soon as", "intend to", yada yada announcements, along with false leaks to Scott and even uplinks before ink ever hits paper.

This is nothing new with Charlie and sadly we've grown to expect it. He'll probably eventually come through with something - he usually does but by then it's often a day late and a dollar short.

In fact, expect things to get worse from all types of businesses now that they've learned how to bypass competition, basically embezzle consumers and in the end get "bailed out" for doing it. Ask yourself a simple question: How will (can) any competitive industry retain their ethics and honesty and still be able to compete with those that don't. Damn it, there I go again and I'm sure someone will chastise me for being political - which of course this isn't but many don't know the difference anymore. :(

In fact, expect things to get worse from all types of businesses now that they've learned how to bypass competition, basically embezzle consumers and in the end get "bailed out" for doing it. Ask yourself a simple question: How will (can) any competitive industry retain their ethics and honesty and still be able to compete with those that don't. Damn it, there I go again and I'm sure someone will chastise me for being political - which of course this isn't but many don't know the difference anymore. :(

The word "political" does not mean "about Republicans and Democrats", it means "about the affairs of state" or more simply, about people influencing each other to obtain control.

PS Like most people, it seems you get your news from only source.

Competition has nothing to do with it, when every company in an industry gets funds.

But at least your are consistent, the above is still your same rant about "everyone was angels in the past, but now they are all being corrupted and becoming devils". Of course, anyone who thinks that, must have a poor knowledge of history, no experience with human nature, and a lack of grounding in metaphysics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts