Uplink Activity Report - 12/5/2008 12:02pm - 8 changes

Dish's website has been updated already for the change. And, it is showing Golf-HD as part of the Silver package and Versus-HD still in the Gold package (I wish it was the other way around). Can anyone confirm this?

Dish's website has been updated already for the change. And, it is showing Golf-HD as part of the Silver package and Versus-HD still in the Gold package (I wish it was the other way around). Can anyone confirm this?
I have the Silver package, and I can see Golf, but not Vs.

Why did Versus wait until the college football season was over to go full time HD?

I can't count how many times I turned on VS. to watch college football and they were showing some golf replay.

This wasn't Dish's fault this time, but not adding ESPNU-HD at the beginning of the season was. :mad:

And now look at the wasted bandwidth on channel 9468 mapped to 398. There's an HD banner channel with the info on where to find the channels now.

It makes sense to have the message there but in HD??

Probably so people who use the All HD guide will see the banner and not call in about a missing channel.

They said they would be UP TWO 150 what you guys didn't understand is it was UP TWO channels within 150 days of that comment.. see.. they kept their word.. sheesh.. :)
I think more people here are starting to realize Charlie's word has never been too reliable - just crafty. The longer you're with Dish the more obvious it is.

Yes this is a great day. For some golf tourny's we could see rounds 1 and 2 in HD during the week but rounds 3 and 4 on the weekends would be SD because VS hogged the shared channel.

Now I don't have to see any more dead animals on my TV!

Program information would be nice though!

Yes this is a great day. For some golf tourny's we could see rounds 1 and 2 in HD during the week but rounds 3 and 4 on the weekends would be SD because VS hogged the shared channel.

Now I don't have to see any more dead animals on my TV!

Program information would be nice though!

Program info will probably be up as soon as the channels are officially split.

Program Info is up there, but whoever setup the channels screwed up the characteristics. So. it don't show on 9473, but it shows on 4101 starting tomorrow morning.

If the stream was actually on 9473 it would say Golf HD. Instead it just says GOLF (the EPG name of the channel).

The stream for VS. is there, but it don't look correct for some reason.

Must have been a bad day at the E* keyboard. :D

Both channels have Info on D*.

Must have been a bad day at the E* keyboard. :D
Bad day, how about a company full of incompetent people (including charlie).
Just look at the dish website for Cineimax, they can't even get whats on tonight correct. It could at least match the guide. Also what hole did they pull MAXP out of.
Never mind a quick look at the site and you would think they have 6 channels of MAX.
I just don't get it. I still have dish but all I see is a company that is steadily going down hill!!!
Time to wake up charlie!!!!:eek:

Bad day, how about a company full of incompetent people (including charlie).
Just look at the dish website for Cineimax, they can't even get whats on tonight correct. It could at least match the guide. Also what hole did they pull MAXP out of.
Never mind a quick look at the site and you would think they have 6 channels of MAX.
I just don't get it. I still have dish but all I see is a company that is steadily going down hill!!!
Time to wake up charlie!!!!:eek:

they get that guide info on their website from zap2it

Run 16 hrs channels video bitrate chart for one tpn24 at 110W, to see how they doing a process of switching between actual and reserved ALT/SKDL channels.

Attachments

• 16hrs.PNG
    16hrs.PNG
    38.8 KB · Views: 739

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)