Uplink Activity Report - 7/23/2008 4:02pm - 29 changes

Gosh, even little Pensacola (in Florida) has Dish HD locals and our area DMA is 61. What is Jacksonville's size. Must be having retransmission agreement problems with most of the local stations. Huh!

Fox and CBS are owned by Newport - No Newport HD channels are available via Dish. NBC and ABC are owned by Garnet and Garnet channels are are available via Dish in other markets.

Living 45 miles from the antennas and the ABC and NBC broadcasting via VHF. I get all of the UHF stations fine...plus I'd like to be able to record more than one show at a time.

Try living in the number 3 DMA and your CBS channel is braudcasting on channel 3 at a 3.3 kw where half of the city cant even get you at 20 miles out. Anything VHF wise above channel 5 is good and can be recived with a good antenna. Or there is allways Directv.

I get all my locals OTA. I live 30 miles from the transmission towers that are between Mobile and Pensacola. I also like to record in HD multiple network shows during the season.

Yeah I go to Pensacola a lot, will be there in two weeks in fact. I think that is what finally sent me over the edge, because I know Jacksonville is much bigger than Pensacola...well that and when I saw that they were getting them in Joplin, MO for no other reason than the fact that it is the hometown of their NASCAR driver Carl Edwards.
Columbia, MO. is his hometown, btw. And a lot has to do with retrans agreements. And from what I understand, Joplin is being uplinked sooner because of competition. And no, I don't have my locals in HD either.

Mobile, AL & Pensacola, FL share media. Collectively, it is a decent-sized market. I would imagine E* looks at their number of subscribers in an area as a factor in deciding who gets HD locals. I am sure there are countless other factors into the decision...

Fox and CBS are owned by Newport - No Newport HD channels are available via Dish. NBC and ABC are owned by Garnet and Garnet channels are are available via Dish in other markets.

Here in Pensacola, we get all SD channels on Dish and ABC, CBS, and Fox are on Dish in HD. It is NBC that is not. Newport just bought the local NBC the week berfore Dish uploaded the HD nets. They uploaded NBC, but cannot transmit it until they have an agreement with the new owners, they had an agreement with the previous owners. Newport also owns the local CW channel.

First explanation I've ever got that makes sense...I'll turn my attention to annoying Newport now...see posting in multiple threads worked out for me. I got the answer I was looking for.

Columbia, MO. is his hometown, btw. And a lot has to do with retrans agreements. And from what I understand, Joplin is being uplinked sooner because of competition. And no, I don't have my locals in HD either.
Yeah, I guess he lives in Columbia, but Joplin is what he lists as his hometown.

First explanation I've ever got that makes sense...I'll turn my attention to annoying Newport now...see posting in multiple threads worked out for me. I got the answer I was looking for.

Here is their email address: info@newporttv.com; There is another thread that list the CEO by name. Isent them a nasty email about our NBC and Olympic coverage. Never got a reply.

Man... Some of you guys are hard on JCouch... I think it is kinda funny.

Love the avatar btw, JCouch... I gotta kick out of it.
Thanks, I'm loving it, gave me something to do tonight, and apparently a lot of other people.

Try living in the number 3 DMA and your CBS channel is braudcasting on channel 3 at a 3.3 kw where half of the city cant even get you at 20 miles out. Anything VHF wise above channel 5 is good and can be recived with a good antenna. Or there is allways Directv.
Or the #31 DMA and your CBS is broadcasting on 3 with a very weak signal that can't be seen 6 miles from the tower.

Looks like everyone has problems. Not just Jacksonville, Florida.

Geoff

Jeeezzz....

Dear Dish...please change this guys service address since he "moved" to Tampa.
Is that easy to do? I knew a guy that moved his address to his parents house in New Hampshire so that he could get the blacked out Jags games about 8 years ago. I unfortunately don't know anyone in Orlando or Tampa, that I could do that with...I'm guessing it would have to be somewhere close because I'd need to be within the range of the spot beam, right?

I wonder how the PQ is on 28 SD channels on 1 TP ;)

(EA testing for anyone that doesn't know...)

MPEG4 8PSK....probably pretty damn good

a month or so ago (before E2 took a crap) they has 24 MPEG4 SD channels on one transponder and they looked really good. And before anyone asks or assumes, these were able to be viewed with a LEGIT free to air box. They scanned in as free :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)