Uplink Activity Report - 7/9/2008 11:52am - 47 changes

Dennispap I wish they would do that, but new Orleans wasn't even on Dish list of HD locals comming this summer and fall, so no telling how long before we get our HD locals here in the Cresent City

I asked the same question in the last week of March when Dish lit up the Austin HD Locals on 61.5 - should I add a wing dish for 61.5 or wait for the imminent roll out of the Eastern Arc that would only require a single dish? The sage advice at that time was to wait, since EA would be up "soon".

But then AMC -14 didn't make it into orbit and Dish fell back on Plan B -- Recycling Space Junk :eek: A lot can still go wrong, moving two old sats into position, etc.. And then there is the issue that EA is supposed to be exclusively for NEW subs for a while.

You'll have to make your own choice. But I'm very glad I had Dish install the wing dish back in March and did not wait for the fabled EA :)

Talon Dancer

So you get all your HD (not just locals) from 61.5? that is my goal.. its not that I care about where I get my locals (I can get those OTA when needed).. its where I get all my channels (which are all HD since I have the HD-only pkg). Actually in that light.. wouldn't a single 61.5 dish be all I need? (I gotta go look at a what-is-carried-on-which-sat chart... but it seemed like the uplink reports showed everything being mirrored on 61.5... just not sure if its "available" to me)

So you get all your HD (not just locals) from 61.5? that is my goal.. its not that I care about where I get my locals (I can get those OTA when needed).. its where I get all my channels (which are all HD since I have the HD-only pkg). Actually in that light.. wouldn't a single 61.5 dish be all I need? (I gotta go look at a what-is-carried-on-which-sat chart... but it seemed like the uplink reports showed everything being mirrored on 61.5... just not sure if its "available" to me)

The only differences between 61.5 & 129 are RSN's and locals. All national HD is the same between the two. Check TheList link in my signature for what is on 61.5 & 129, it updates the minute the uplink reports come out.

Also, you'll need 110 for the older HD channels, HD Theater, TNT, etc.

The only differences between 61.5 & 129 are RSN's and locals. All national HD is the same between the two. Check TheList link in my signature for what is on 61.5 & 129, it updates the minute the uplink reports come out.

Also, you'll need 110 for the older HD channels, HD Theater, TNT, etc.

Thanks!

So you get all your HD (not just locals) from 61.5? that is my goal.....
No not all my HD. As digiblur has already noted, some of the "legacy" MPEG2 HD channels are still only available on 110. And in my case, I have a 1000.2 for 129/119/110 and a 500 for 61.5. So my 622 picks between 129 and 61.5 using an algorithm which is indistinguishable from magic :cool:

And since the HD Absolute package is not HD "only", I get some SD channels including SD locals (e.g. PBS) from 110/119. IIRC the program guide is still only on 110 or 119.

Talon Dancer

Yep, that's another good point. If I remember correctly the guide needed for the DVR's is only on 119 right now. So you'll need 110/119/61.5 or 110/119/129 as a minimum.