Uplink Activity Report - 8/13/2008 1:48pm - 47 changes

Since Dish has chosen to leave the Mpeg2 HD up and not hide them from mpeg2 boxes with the VIP flag I'm guessing they are behind on converting subs. They do not appear to require the bandwidth at this time since they had room for the 2 temporary olympic channels.

Another wasteful week!

Okay, for that nonsense negative statement (certainly not wasteful in terms of Eastern Arc), you get this:

doughboy-baked.jpg

LOL!! Sorry Doughboy, but that's hilarious! I bet that's how you feel, too. Each of those charred corpses represents all of us that were promised HD locals a while back and continue to be burned week after week. I am right with ya bro.

So the 6200-series channels are MPEG2? Why come? Provide legacy access to MPEG2 receivers while primary channels are converted to MPEG4?
To provide legacy access until the actual transition occurs. The old channels are the same stream, just not available to legacy receivers. Provides a headsup to get your receiver(s) upgraded without totally taking away the programming. But it will go soon, so don't delay. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)