Uplink Activity Wednesday, November 16th 2005

Status
Please reply by conversation.
yeah, that's my problem. My wife thinks I've spent too much on the HDTV, suround sound and all the dish I already get. Paying another $100 for another dish is like asking for her womb. WHY GOD, WHY MUST YOU TORTURE ME?

Lucky said:
I think everyone should be able to get all these HD channels be it on 61.5 or 129. However, what I really mean is if there are limits, and they cannot fit all the channels on both, a channel like ESPN2HD should not be the one they leave off either of these two satellites. Leave off a less major channel like one of the VOOM 21, etc. To leave a lot of your customers without a major channel like ESPN2HD is plain dumb.
All of Dish Nets HD should be on 61.5 and mirrored to 129. There really shouldn't be anything on 110 that has to do with HD. KEEP everything simple.

bpasker said:
yeah, that's my problem. My wife thinks I've spent too much on the HDTV, suround sound and all the dish I already get. Paying another $100 for another dish is like asking for her womb. WHY GOD, WHY MUST YOU TORTURE ME?
My wife enjoys watching HD programming, so no problems here :) She was the one who asked me "why would we ever need a DVR?". We now have 3 in our house and she can't live without em. Just takes a while for the wives to come around :D

WOW...nothing like coming home to good news! :D

Now if Dish will just wake up and toss ESPN2HD on 61.5 or 110, all will be perfect!

Question, though...when the dust settles, is there going to be any HD on 61.5 that isnt on 129? May be time to just flip the 61.5 dish over to 129 and be done with it!

Couldn't Dish upconvert the SD channels into HD until an HD version of the channels come about? That would be better than no HD at all for a while wouldnt it?

Stargazer said:
Couldn't Dish upconvert the SD channels into HD until an HD version of the channels come about? That would be better than no HD at all for a while wouldnt it?

what would be the point in that ?? Its still SD.. personally i would rather wait for the better quality.. than hd lite or in this case "extremley hd lite"

Stargazer said:

Nahh...just convince E* to optimize the SD compression for a 60" TV instead of 20-something" TVs! :p hehe

Did Fox Sports West 2 move from a spotbeam to a regular transponder?

FSW2 carries Dodger and Angel games, along with a good deal of UCLA and USC sports. Unfortunately, you couldn't get it if you were outside of Los Angeles due to the spotbeam issue.

Stargazer said:

Huh?

Prometheus23 said:
Are you guys actually seeing these channels on your receivers? I did a check switch. Reset 942. Downloaded. Everything that I could posibally try. What gives?

Go back and read the whole thread- there's no data on the streams. This is just an uplink notice...albiet an exciting one!

(Not that a few of us didn't try the check switch anyway. :) )

TomD said:
Did Fox Sports West 2 move from a spotbeam to a regular transponder?

FSW2 carries Dodger and Angel games, along with a good deal of UCLA and USC sports. Unfortunately, you couldn't get it if you were outside of Los Angeles due to the spotbeam issue.

Position: 110.0W Echostar 6 & 8 Frequency: 12.574 GHz TP 25
411 (FOXW2) Added

Suppose it may have? It was supposed to, and goaliebob's report said it moved!

Prometheus23 said:
Thanks M Sparks. I am an idiot. But don't let that get out!

No, I just didn't get what you were trying to say. And "Huh?" was easier to type than "I don't get what you're trying to say."

Now who's the idiot...I had to type it twice rather than once. :)

EDIT: I'm responding to the wrong person. Or rather, I'm responding to the right person about the wrong thing. So I'm definately the idiot.

Lucky said:
If ESPN2HD is only on 129 that is a pretty dumb decision. A lot us on the east coast cannot get 129. You can't put a major HD national channel like ESPN2HD on, and only have it for some of your customers. Even if they needed to move one of the VOOM channels off 61.5 they need to put ESPN2HD on 61.5 so everyone can get it.

About what point in the country can one see 129?

I am in Southern In of course no trouble with 61.5 thinking I may have to move it over to 129 soon.

thanks

trido

CJPC said:
Position: 110.0W Echostar 6 & 8 Frequency: 12.574 GHz TP 25
411 (FOXW2) Added

Suppose it may have? It was supposed to, and goaliebob's report said it moved!

I saw that it moved (it was one of the first items on the list), but is that new location a spotbeam like it's former location or a CONUS location available to everyone in the U.S.?

Stargazer said:
Actually if they just returned the SD back to full bandwidth, I'd be happy with their quality. I still remember the crystal clear days of pre-must-carry.

But seriously, there is little that Dish could do to upconvert those channels. If fact it would be the channel providers' responsibility to do this. Even then it would still just be SD programming anyway. Heck, Dish's HD receiver upconvert SD programming to HD resolution just by watching them over a 720p/1080i connection.

But that's not saying much.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)