Status
Please reply by conversation.

Keystone7

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 17, 2009
North Indiana
Hello Guys,

I was wondering if there has ever been a fourm link here to provide the exact state location of the (FTA) Satellites (UpLink)? Thought it come in handy when you are trying to fine tune the satellite knowing what the weather is like at the upLink location. I have often tried to get a good signal from a satlitte and come to find out, there location was having aweather issue when it was great at my location. I am assuming that would stay a contance. Anyway, just asking.

I would guess they are so many scattered around, it would be hard to keep up with. It would be neat to know some of the full time ones though.

Yeah I make note of network feeds and sports feed locations.

I have noticed for example, one of my local abc channels uses the same sat and tp alot if not all the time. I saved the channel and at times just simply flip to it and they have a feed up.

I have noticed for example, one of my local abc channels uses the same sat and tp alot if not all the time. I saved the channel and at times just simply flip to it and they have a feed up.

They are probably using ABC's block of leased transponder space that's available to ABC affiliates. The station calls ABC in New York to book and access instead of the actual satellite owner.

I have seen a map before, but I can not remember where. But, what I have seen that a signal may be up-linked and down-linked several times using several satellites before a end-user gets the signal.
Also there is to consider the servers itself that could have problems.

On 97W, I'm missing three locations: STN, GoSat, and I have no idea who uplinks 12053 (Jewish News One, et al.). Would love to find out ... I'm making a spreadsheet of this bird :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts