Uplink Report for Wednesday August 23rd

pdxsam said:
On the "other side of the fence" they are going on the opinion that the injunction is a law opinion therefore no settlements can negate that. I'm of the same opinion as you are.

Come Sept 11th ABC, NBC, CBS will survive under VASTLY different rules than have been in the past.
money talks bs walks

pdxsam said:
On the "other side of the fence" they are going on the opinion that the injunction is a law opinion therefore no settlements can negate that. I'm of the same opinion as you are.

Come Sept 11th ABC, NBC, CBS will survive under VASTLY different rules than have been in the past.

I had read that ABC, Nbc and CBS had already settled with a deal with DISH. Does this mean we can expect National versions similiar to what CBS has done with CBS hd station? And since Fox is the lone station that has kept this legal lawsuit going, I guess we won't see them ever as a National Hd station.

MikeD-C05 said:
I had read that ABC, Nbc and CBS had already settled with a deal with DISH. Does this mean we can expect National versions similiar to what CBS has done with CBS hd station? And since Fox is the lone station that has kept this legal lawsuit going, I guess we won't see them ever as a National Hd station.

The national ABC, NBC & CBS settled but their respective affiliate boards have not (as far as I know).

As for mother Fox being the lone network, well "E" is blowing "D"s doors off in programming AND hardware at the moment, so this is the only way "D" has to counter.

Looks like Midland-Odessa, TX is also getting their locals soon too.

That will be sweet!! Get the entire state served.

i'm looking forward to these "updates" and maybe one day I'll see my local call letters :-(

but it seems hartford CT is not even on Dish;s radar... oh well

John

I now have guide information for all my ota digital locals on 4, 6, and 12 - no Fox kuil 64 station as there is no digital signal yet. SWEET!!! I can actually use my name based recording features now on my ota stations.:up :hatsoff:

johnner1999 said:
i'm looking forward to these "updates" and maybe one day I'll see my local call letters :-(

John

That's Scott's domain too. You would think they would get that DMA uplinked. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
The SatelliteGuys.US Uplink Activity Report - 08/23/2006 - 48 changes

9322 - KESQ added to 110.0W TP 31 (Not Available)

9323 - KPSP added to 110.0W TP 31 (Not Available)

9324 - KMIR added to 110.0W TP 31 (Not Available)

9325 - KDFX added to 110.0W TP 31 (Not Available)

These are Palm Springs, CA local stations

digiblur said:
On AMC4 of course! ;)

I should have guessed something like that.

I still can't believe the Beaumont loacals are finally going up. I have been waiting on this forever.
I'm guessing we will not see HD feeds of these stations until the analog versions are someday forced off the air.

johnner1999 said:

John
If you want to see where your DMA is in the Big Scheme of Things, check out the NAB's list of DTV stations in operation by DMA: http://www.nab.org/newsroom/issues/digitaltv/dtvstations.asp

They have Hartford and New Haven as the 28th largest DMA, so it's odd that Dish hasn't served this area yet. They must not have had enough subscribers to make it worthwhile before now.

Foxbat said:
If you want to see where your DMA is in the Big Scheme of Things, check out the NAB's list of DTV stations in operation by DMA: http://www.nab.org/newsroom/issues/digitaltv/dtvstations.asp

They have Hartford and New Haven as the 28th largest DMA, so it's odd that Dish hasn't served this area yet. They must not have had enough subscribers to make it worthwhile before now.

I know D* has local HDTV (only two networks though CBS and NBC; as ABC station here are complete jerks they say well you can get us if you buy a anttena and FOX I don't care about LOL)

But it would be great if E* offered them even just the two. Its one thing making me want to cancel my install for this Sunday and go with D*. But I really like the overall PQ with E* so I may just "suffer" with non hd locals for a bit.

Any one in the Hartford are how are the SD locals compared to analog cable?
'

Arcade said:
I should have guessed something like that.

I still can't believe the Beaumont loacals are finally going up. I have been waiting on this forever.
I'm guessing we will not see HD feeds of these stations until the analog versions are someday forced off the air.

It will be quite sometime before you see HD locals in that DMA #. Even if the analog in your DMA was shot off today E* would still give you SD versions.

johnner1999 said:
Any one in the Hartford are how are the SD locals compared to analog cable?
They look ok, on my cable (COX) WVIT has a lot of noise in the picture. On Dish they all look decent although for fast moving action or dark scenes you can tell your watching a digital signal as you can see the digital boxes which make up the picture.

However with that said many Cable systems here in CT are now converting all their channels to Digitial, so if you get a digital cable box instead of seeing the analog feeds you are actually seeing channels they converted to digital.

MikeD-C05 said:
I now have guide information for all my ota digital locals on 4, 6, and 12 - no Fox kuil 64 station as there is no digital signal yet. SWEET!!! I can actually use my name based recording features now on my ota stations.:up :hatsoff:

The digital signal for KUIL is on Lake Charles Fox (KVHP??) as a subchannel but since that isn't uplinked on Dish (KVHP) it may not fill in programming

digiblur said:
It will be quite sometime before you see HD locals in that DMA #. Even if the analog in your DMA was shot off today E* would still give you SD versions.

Yes I agree. I have waited since 98 or 99 for sd locals for Beaumont and now 7 or 8 years later we are getting the sd locals. So 8 or 9 years later in 2014 or 2015 we might get the hd versions. Till then I will make due with Houston hd locals and guide information for Beaumont.

Iceberg said:
The digital signal for KUIL is on Lake Charles Fox (KVHP??) as a subchannel but since that isn't uplinked on Dish (KVHP) it may not fill in programming

I don't understand Iceberg. I saw that channel 8446 Kuil is uplinked on the 110 satellite so what do you mean about Fox 64 being a sub channel for Kvhp 29 in Lake Charles? I assume they will use ota antenna to receive all the locals since we are not a large city.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)