Uplink Report for Wednesday August 23rd

Scott Greczkowski said:
The SatelliteGuys.US Uplink Activity Report - 08/28/2006 - 1 change

Uplink Comparison Range: 08/24/2006 12:08P - 08/28/2006 02:52P

7500 - KNWA - 110.0W TP 23 changed to (Available)

Channels in the system: 2952
Fort Smith/Fayetteville, AR. Comes from the decoupling effective today of KFTA (now a Fox affiliate) and KNWA (which retained the NBC affiliation). Originally KNWA (as KFAA) was a satellite of KFTA (as KPOM), but after Nexstar bought the stations in 2004 they made KNWA the main station. They're trying to sell KFTA to Mission Broadcasting (nearly all of whose stations are actually operated by Nexstar), but Equity (owner of KPBI-CA, the former Fox affiliate) challenged the sale; nonetheless, Nexstar is going ahead with the changeover. (KFTA will continue to carry KNWA programming outside of primetime until the sale is approved, apparently to meet FCC requirements.)

KPBI will join MyNetworkTV when it launches, but whether it remains on E* is unknown. Ordinarily, E* doesn't carry low-power stations; apparently the only reason KPBI was picked up by E* was that it was the Fox affiliate.

For now, it looks like this market won't have CW, probably because Equity owns all the lesser stations in this market (other than the ABC, CBS, NBC, and now Fox affiliates); Equity isn't dealing with CW at all. (Only one Equity-controlled station nationwide is going to CW, and it's actually owned by someone else.) KBBL-TV (formerly KWFT), the WB affiliate (on E*), is going to Equity's own Retro Television Network; so is KFDF-CA, the low-power UPN affiliate (not on E*), even though it was announced as the MyNetworkTV affiliate before KPBI lost the Fox affiliation.

MikeD-C05 said:
I sub to Houston locals. I get Beaumont ,Texas ota digital stations on my 622 dvrs. I am getting my guide information for my Beaumont stations right now on the three digital stations I have on my 622. I am getting Houston stations as well that I pay Dish for. IF you pay for locals from Dish and you get some ota stations from an antenna and Dish has that market up on the satellite you will get the guide information for that area as well. Dish uses limited psip data to scan your digital stations and lock on to them and the guide information is linked to it from the Dish satellite.

I wrote an email to ceo@echostar.com on 31 Aug and asked why I was not getting the guide data. A tech called me back later in the day and agreed that I should be getting the data for the Cincinnati locals but he did not know why. He did say the receiver compares the PSIP data with the guide data for the SD local channels and if they match up the info is put in the guide for the HD locals. He said that I should only receive guide info for the HD locals that match the SD locals I subscribe to. The techs are looking into my problem but it still doesn't work. Hopefully it will soon. My local channels (Cincy locals) not remapping was also addressed by the tech. He said I live in a zip code which is 85% Dayton locals and 15% Cincy locals. They can only remap one set of locals per zip code and they chose Dayton locals for my zip, so I am SOL on remapping.

Sorry to hear that but it sounds like it is a limitation on Dish's part. They could have fixed it if they wanted to via software update at their end.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts