Uplink Report - Sept 5th

does it look like dish is getting ready to offer the hd distants, when they have to shut off the sd distants, dtv allows you to subscribe to the hd distants if your local dma does not offer hd. hmmm?

JohnH said:
Looks like it is only a cleanout of some of the 95XX, 96XX, 98XX and 99XX numbers.

Yea, they readded the engineering channels in the 58xxs.

As for NESN and other RSNs that do a lot of HD, they might be waiting until they can get a full-time HD channel up for those so they wont have to compete and share the 4 available video feeds. Of course YESHD has a snowballs chance in hell of showing up :)

pajer said:
does it look like dish is getting ready to offer the hd distants, when they have to shut off the sd distants, dtv allows you to subscribe to the hd distants if your local dma does not offer hd. hmmm?

I have had my fingers crossed all along hoping that the reason E* never gave out HD distants was because they wanted to ensure that the qualifications for HD and SD could never be associated together. Then if they lose the SD they can start offering HD as those have never been under the old qualificaiton system. Also this would also help out E* as there are more people that would qualify for distants though HD as there are for SD. Plus to get distants would require an HD receiiver. But this is of course just my hope and not likely to happen.

Voyagerbob

masterdeals said:
I'm disappointed too, but FSN has made no announced plans to offer RedWings or Pistons in HD this season. Only HD we get is MY20 for Pistons - and that's not on dish either.

I'd expect it to launch in the second batch before MLB starts 2007. FSN starting offering Tigers in HD mid-season is unusual, most likely a sign of how nobody expected the Tigers to play as well as they have.

FSD did make an announcment regarding Pistons and Wings HD..Im pretty sure it was all home games, both teams.. Woudnt swear to it..Either way there was an announcment of at least some HD for both teams..

That announcment can be found Im sure, but I dont have the time to dig it up...Its over at "the other site", somewhere in the HD RSN master thread.

Unfortunately no Fox Sports Ohio, which began offering Cavs games in HD last year, and I'm sure will this year too.

Just found out there is a Dish Network Charlie Chat this coming Monday. Hmmmmmmmm........ RSN's uplinked now and a Charlie Chat next week. Timing is everything.

Maybe the RSN's will be available very soon :)

jwt0001 said:
Unfortunately no Fox Sports Ohio, which began offering Cavs games in HD last year, and I'm sure will this year too.

Yeah, really! Considering that we are one of the largest markets to yet get HD LiLs, that is the least they could have done. Who cares... we've got Lebron and the maximum allowed nationally broadcasted games!! WOO-HOO!

Go Bucks
Go Browns
Go Cavs

Question about the nomenclature:
I know that the prefix TST must mean those particular channels are for testing purposes. But, what do the other non-channel-name abbreviations mean, such as SKDL, IAD, SMP, SPEC, etc.
I've been wondering that ever since I got an FTA system, and these channel names come up on the scans. The actual channels are scrambled, of course. So, I've been curious.

SKDL Schedule. Holding channel for non-carried sports or event programming, such as YES Network for the NBA League Pass.

SPEC seems special. :)

IAD Interactive ADvertising thingy.

Last edited:
Looks like the same garbage as usual:

From Dish Email:

Join us for a special hour of the Charlie Chat. This live event is hosted by DISH Network's CEO, Charlie Ergen, and co-founder, Jim DeFranco. The show will feature special guest appearances including Cathy Riva from the Discovery Home “Party Girl” show. And you won’t want to miss the latest DISH Network news and great giveaways.

OHHHH AHHHH How exciting

gjh3260 said:
Just found out there is a Dish Network Charlie Chat this coming Monday. Hmmmmmmmm........ RSN's uplinked now and a Charlie Chat next week. Timing is everything.

Maybe the RSN's will be available very soon :)

They could've done this a year ago.

About time.

I'm sure they'll add the rest of the Fox owned RSN mirrors soon. Dish has had permission to shown them since last year since they've been used in Center Ice and Extra Innings

RE: Charlie Chat, Next Week.

You guys need to start reading some of the cryptic things Scott says (from page 1).....

Scott Greczkowski said:
INHD has not gone anywhere. I have a strange feeling we will see it next week.

OK, I am wrong on FSN Detroit. The plans for Wings andPistons are out, we need Detroit in HD. These are both regular playoff and highly viewed teams.
From Pistons.com:

FSN Detroit will televise the most Pistons games - 37 regular season and three preseason contests - and all regular-season home games and select road games will be produced in High-Definition.

This is all great news. I can't wait for ATT to get off their arse, and rollout HomeZone in my nape of the neck already! The addition of FSN-BA in HD, plus the additional HD content such as InHD, means the only thing I'll miss about Comcast is the amazing OnDemand. I'll just have to be a little more on top of DVRing the various HBO series I've gotten used to watching OnDemand, is all.

I'm sure we'll have to be subscribed to the SD versions to get the HD versions, right? That kind of sucks. Oh, well. I guess there's not a whole lot on mine that I would watch other than college football replays. I tried to sign up for the sports pack once only to find out it wasn't available in my area. The CSR didn't tell me that. She just signed me up for AT60+ instead of AT60. I'm not paying $5/month just for 2 channels.

Scott Greczkowski said:
652 - KBS - 148.0W TP 11 changed descriptor flag from 01 01 08 E8 00 FC FF ....... to 01 01 00 29 00 FC FF ...)...

652 - KBS - 61.5W TP 18 changed descriptor flag from 01 01 08 E8 00 FC FF ....... to 01 01 00 29 00 FC FF ...)...

Looks like it's finally been grouped with the public-interest channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)