UPS Are you serious?!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Magic Static

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 12, 2010
Montana
My son advised me he had a UPS package coming as he went to work. No problem I said. Until the package arrived. ;) It was a new "Gaming Computer Chair" and weighed 55lbs disassembled in the box. The driver delivering the package weighed no more than 100lbs I'm sure, and barely bigger than the box. Bang! the box was shoved out of the back of the truck onto the street. Then rolled end over end to where the concrete walkway to the door was. LOL. The driver was gassed and had that "How I love my job look" Climbed back in the truck and left.
I'm thinking for a laborious job you should be physical enough to handle it. Apparently not so with UPS.

Reactions: EmCommSat
Person is just working for a paycheck... Doesn't care about doing their job to the fullest

Which may keep him or her from ever advancing themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys App. For now.

Bang! the box was shoved out of the back of the truck onto the street. Then rolled end over end to where the concrete walkway to the door was.

Guess he couldn't be bothered to get the hand truck out. I'd have been inclined to refuse the package by the time he got to the door with it, just for intentionally dropping and beating the crap out of it.

It wasn't my regular driver for sure. He knows to drive around back where there are no stairs and a lot closer to the door. :) And the alley goes through. The street out front is a dead end a B to turn around.

UPS drivers used to be expected to be able to carry 70 pound packages but they are given a hand truck to use now that parcels can weigh up to 150lbs.

There's no excuse for pushing something out of the "package car" as UPS calls them.

Something I learned recently (since UPS drivers seem much less motivated to collect signatures) is that if you don't open the packaging, you can refuse the shipment days later. My UPS driver uses the names of people who no longer work for my employer if there's nobody handy to sign.

Our regular and relief UPS drivers that deliver to our upstate NY cottage are both good about handling fragile and heavy items and making sure packages are left in a protected location in inclement weather when we're not home at the time. We do get the occasional seasonal driver around the busy holidays that can't seem to find us, leaving our deliveries until the next day when the regular driver is back on. That can be frustrating when we really needed the delivery to be on time. When we're off in our motorhome, our regular driver has even dropped packages off at our daughter's house 3 miles away to make sure they're not left unattended too long. Overall, I'd say we're very satisfied with the service we receive from UPS.

Reactions: navychop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)