Upset!!!! No install becuase of ladder

coolbigj

Original poster
Feb 7, 2005
I will try to make this short...I had an install for the the 22nd. The installers came to the house and after about two minutes they said they cant do the install becuase they need a 40ft ladder(and we told them it was a 3 storie house when ordering from Voom) he said it was not on his work order. Then he say it would be a week until they could come back(does it take that much effort to go get a ladder???). My sister raised some hell(with the installers and the CSRs at voom) cuase she is better at that then me because this is her house and i am renting the unit under her. I was wondering who could i talk to if i want different installers to come becuase i dont want the same ones to come back becuase they didnt make any effort to really see if they need the ladder other then just looking at the house and then saying they cant do it. So if anyone can help me with info i would be greatfull...and the area is Washington DC

Thanks
Jason

I do think the 40 ft ladder thing is in the fine print.

"Additional charges may also be due in the case of situations requiring additional time or hardware. Such situations may include, but aren't limited to, houses over 2 stories tall,"

You should have told the installer that before they came out. ALways confirm all info with the installer, dont count on Voom getting all the info to him. I also think there is an additional charge for it, or there used to be.

Yeah he did say it would would be an additional charge but i would think they would be able to get a ladder and that i would not have to wait a week for them to come back.

Wow. On my install on the 21st the installer showed up with a 20' ladder that definately was not going to work at my house. I told the Voom rep that they'll need to bring the long ladder as I have a tall two story house. The installer tried the ladder knowing it wasn't going to work but to my suprise he left it there, gave me the STBs to put into place (if I wanted to) and said he'd be right back with the 'big' 40' ladder.

By the time he returned I had all three STBs in place and ready for dish pointing :). He installed / pointed the dish / OTA antenna and it went good from there.

My installer went out of his way to make my install go great. It sucks that Installs Inc. doesn't have more installers who will do the same. There are some good ones out there, the trick is finding one. I got lucky I think.

Shawn

Yep, that's the way it should be done.

On one service call we had the fellow showed up without a ladder although I had talked to him in person and he knew we had a 2 story house. He was hoping we had one-well we had but sold it a couple of months prior. Took another week, calls and emails to VOOM and the personal intervention of an Installs, Inc. but he did show up with the ladder and did the job right. Have been all the OTAs available in our area since then.

So, we're still enjoying HDTV as I type under clear and cold Seattle skies, Gill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)