URGENT ACTION REQUIRED v.2.0

120inna55

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Athens, Texas, United States
The other thread got way off topic, so I understand the reason for closing it. It was closed while I was scanning in the attached letter. So, since I went to the trouble of scanning-in the info, I felt justified in starting a new thread. If my actions are deemed inappropriate or even slightly insubordinate, I'll take no offense if the mods see fit to delete this.

I've been receiving the attached "URGENT" letters from DISH on a monthly basis since February. They've been supplemented with postcards stating basically the same thing. I was delaying my conversion to the 1000.4 dish since I had to cut down some trees and make room for a pole install.

So, for those wondering what this letter said, I've attached it.

Attachments

• DISH Urgent Message.pdf
    277.9 KB · Views: 551
I sure do hope I receive this letter in the mail on Monday as I greet the Directv installer since Dish didn't feel it necessary to credit me the $15 insurance shakedown fee.

So cut the trees down already. :) Dish is telling you that you need the 1000.4 as you already know. Why bring it up again?

I did cut down the trees. I do have the 1000.4 as July 26. There was another thread (that was closed presumably due to bickering) that referred to the letter. Some people hadn't received the letter didn't know what it looked like. That was the only point of my post.

While I've known for some time what I needed to do, I was going to do it when I had time. No big deal. It was just amusing how DISH wasn't going to stop sending out notices and making phone calls. I'd even told several of the people who called that I was aware of the changes and that I'd call them when I was ready. It was almost comical. What made it even better is that I received another one of these "urgent" letters 5 days after the work order was closed. I understand the letter was likely mailed prior to my work order, but I was still amused nonetheless.

Last edited:
I did cut down the trees. I do have the 1000.4 as July 26. There was another thread (that was closed presumably due to bickering) that referred to the letter. Some people hadn't received the letter didn't know what it looked like. That was the only point of my post.

While I've known for some time what I needed to do, I was going to do it when I had time. No big deal. It was just amusing how DISH wasn't going to stop sending out notices and making phone calls. I'd even told several of the people who called that I was aware of the changes and that I'd call them when I was ready. I was almost comical. What made it even better is that I received another one of these "urgent" letters 5 days after the work order was closed. I understand the letter was likely mailed prior to my work order, but I was still amused nonetheless.

All those letters for you about an upgrade and when I left dish a year ago (after 5 years and being a beta tester for the dtvpal dvr); I have yet to receive either a phone call or a mailing, stating we miss you and want you back. TWC bugged me on a weekly basis with offer after offer, until i couldn't say no. Makes you wonder how their business is really run.

I posted a question in the previous thread that wasn't answered due to the of subject exchange.

I got my 61.5 dish around to 129 son now I have the western arc, 110/119/129, working good. I did purchase a DISH 10004 system for the eastern arc. At least individually 61.5/72.7/77.0 satellites are over the roof of my house. I had great signal strength on 61.5, about 55 on a VIP211K, before moving the dish. So I am going to out up the DISH 1000.4 dish, which arrived today BTW.

The only numbers I can find though for the eastern arc on Dish Network's site are for the DISH 1000.2 dish. Would the numbers for the 1000.4 dish be the same? I plan on monitoring 61.5 an 77.0 on my Channel Master meter and peaking them while 72.7 should fall in just right.

Attachments

• DSC00283.JPG
    DSC00283.JPG
    582 KB · Views: 176
You should have a manual that came with the DISH that will tell you what to do line by line and what skew and elevation it needs to be for your zipcode. I encourage you to read it faithfully. The 1000.4 eastern arc dish is not as easy to peak and install like the 1000.2 sat dish.

I know this is an old thread, but DISH finally got around to sending me one of these letters. I'm sure they have my account listed as being on 110/119 w/ a 61.5 side dish. I repointed my D500 to 61.5/72.7 last summer when DISH was adding HD there. Took the side dish down. So I'm currently not seeing 77 on the EA. Don't subscribe to locals from DISH. I don't think an installer wants to climb up on my roof right now with 2' of snow up there. My situation should be fine with just 61.5 & 72.7 in at least the near future, right? I do have a 508 receiver that mainly gets used in the RV, that obviously no longer works at home since the repoint. Wouldn't mind getting a 211 to replace it if they so offer. :)

The only issue I see if if you have DISH come and set you up properly now it will be free.

If you wait then you will probably be paying out of pocket.

If you have the 1000.4 antenna, then the tags on the account were probably never updated properly. I would be happy to see this through for you, feel free to PM me!

I have 110/119/129 with a 61.5 wing. I live in the Cleveland DMA. I'm OK, right? I've just been ignoring the letters and phone calls.

Currently the set up you have is optimal for getting the most complete local coverage. If you'd like PM your phone number or account number to me, so i can make sure your account is labeled correctly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts