urgent Action Required

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Larrykay

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 30, 2005
We would like to inform you of very important info regarding your Dish satellite antenna. Due to improvements in our systems technology, it is necessary to reconfigure your dish antenna. To insure that you continue to enjoy your High def. local programming . Dish network will professionally reconfigure your antenna for free.To prevent service interruption of your service. please call 1-888-255-4791 today to secure a convenient appointment.
Please excuse me if this has been brought up before, I'm to lazy to search for it. Anyone else get this letter in the mail?
Looks like a Christmas gift from Charlie.

We would like to inform you of very important info regarding your Dish satellite antenna. Due to improvements in our systems technology, it is necessary to reconfigure your dish antenna. To insure that you continue to enjoy your High def. local programming . Dish network will professionally reconfigure your antenna for free.To prevent service interruption of your service. please call 1-888-255-4791 today to secure a convenient appointment.
Please excuse me if this has been brought up before, I'm to lazy to search for it. Anyone else get this letter in the mail?
Looks like a Christmas gift from Charlie.

Haven't received that letter...what Sat do you currently pull HD from?

I live in Western Pa. I get my locals off of an off the air antenna. I get the Pittsburgh Stations crystal clear. I have one dish looking at the 61.5 Sat. And another dish looking at the other 2 Sats. I never got the one dish does it all. Quite satisfied with what I have.

I live in Western Pa. I get my locals off of an off the air antenna. I get the Pittsburgh Stations crystal clear. I have one dish looking at the 61.5 Sat. And another dish looking at the other 2 Sats. I never got the one dish does it all. Quite satisfied with what I have.

Well, Im sure someone here would be able to give you a definite answer, but my guess is that they are looking to move you to the 129 Sat, and off of 61.5. But that's a semi-uninformed guess.

i got the same letter for the pittsburgh hd locals which currently are from the 118 sat. only problem is i live in the johnsown/altoona dma and "moved" to the pittsburgh dma cause the johnstown/altoona hd quality sucks/

It looks like the Pittsburgh locals are the only ones in HD left on 118. I wonder why they decided to put them on 129 instead of something on the EA. It sucks to see them go after wasting that money on the plus dish just to "move".

That's why I thought EA would be a better solution. With the amount of trees and hilly terrain there, E* could probably get more installs with an EA setup.

Pittsburgh is leaving 118 as noted above. They probably sent the letter to all folks in the DMA and "movers".,..they're moving to spotbeam :)

Well, Im sure someone here would be able to give you a definite answer, but my guess is that they are looking to move you to the 129 Sat, and off of 61.5. But that's a semi-uninformed guess.
The PGH locals used to be on the 118.7...129 is very low in the sky at that lat. According to dishuser.org, the PGH locals are indeed on the 118.7 AND the 129...From what I understand all locals are being migrated off the 118.7 and to 61.5 or 129...SOme markets both. The CLT(NC) DMA is getting locals off both slots The locals have been dropped from the 118.7..That is for HD locals..In looking at the SD locals page on dishuser the SD locals are on the 110. But it lists the HD locals on the 110 as well. No mention of 61.5 for locals in the PGH DMA.

Does E* query the receivers to find out what sat your locals come from? The reason I ask is because I just noticed my DC locals are gone, and the only thing I can figure is E* "asked" my receivers what I was pointed at and saw I was getting locals from 61.5 and 118 and made the appropriate adjustments to my package. Does that sound like a reasonable explanation?

Does E* query the receivers to find out what sat your locals come from? The reason I ask is because I just noticed my DC locals are gone, and the only thing I can figure is E* "asked" my receivers what I was pointed at and saw I was getting locals from 61.5 and 118 and made the appropriate adjustments to my package. Does that sound like a reasonable explanation?

No. When E* migrates locals from one bird to another those that do not have a dish pointed to the new bird lose their locals.
E* gives a very advanced notice when there is a necessity of a dish upgrade or repoint to receive programming.
According to dishuser.org the WASH DC DMA gets it's HD locals from 61.5 and SD AND HD locals from 110.....So you can go with the EA(1000.4---61.5/72.7 /77) or WA( 1000.2----110/119/129)

No. When E* migrates locals from one bird to another those that do not have a dish pointed to the new bird lose their locals.
E* gives a very advanced notice when there is a necessity of a dish upgrade or repoint to receive programming.
According to dishuser.org the WASH DC DMA gets it's HD locals from 61.5 and SD AND HD locals from 110.....So you can go with the EA(1000.4---61.5/72.7 /77) or WA( 1000.2----110/119/129)

I understand that. I have a 1000.4 with a wing at 118. I live in the DC market but "moved" to Pittsburgh 4 months ago. Dish never shut off my DC locals, and I was receiving both sets of locals until today. I guess what I was asking is: if I had my wing pointed at 129 instead of 118, would E* have sent the letter telling me I need to upgrade my dish? E* installed the 1000.4, I installed the wing at 118, How did they know I was pointed at 118???

I understand that. I have a 1000.4 with a wing at 118. I live in the DC market but "moved" to Pittsburgh 4 months ago. Dish never shut off my DC locals, and I was receiving both sets of locals until today. I guess what I was asking is: if I had my wing pointed at 129 instead of 118, would E* have sent the letter telling me I need to upgrade my dish? E* installed the 1000.4, I installed the wing at 118, How did they know I was pointed at 118???
because the locals were migrated from the 118.7....PGH locals are now on the 129 ...Wash DC locals are on the 61.5 and the 110.

I think Pitt was on 129 also when I moved. I can only get a signal level of 10 or so from 129 sb26 which is why I went with 118.7 at the time. Looks like I'll be moving back to DC soon.

I live just north of Pittsburgh and got the "urgent" letter. I called the number and was told that they want to move my HD locals from 118 to 129. I told the CSR that was no good because 129 is below the treeline. She said they would need to send a tech out to check it out. I told her they have already checked it out when I got the Dish 500 plus put in and 129 was too low on the horizon and that why they put a wing dish at 61.5. She said a tech still had to come out.

I then asked if I would lose my HD locals if the tech verified that 129 was too low on the horizon and she said no.

So either they're going to maintain them on 118 or mirror them on 61.5 or somewhere else, or she wrong and I will lose them, at which point I'll probably move to D.

I know I'm not the only one around here that can't see 129.

Does anyone know if the channels are going to be mirrored on 61.5?

I have a Dish tech coming next Wednesday so I'll know more then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)