US Soccer needs a miracle to advance....and gets it!(FINAL GAME SPOILERS)

Still could care less about these pansies. ;) :)

I hadn't heard about this until right now either (and I wouldn't have known that beating Spain is a big deal), but those guys arn't pansies. I'd probably have a heart attack if I attempted to run around like that. :)

Did you seriously call soccer players pansies? Seriously?!?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Sandra

Not to start a riot amongst the soccer lovers, but generally the weaker kids played soccer while the stronger kids played football, basketball or baseball. At least that was the way it was in my school system growing up.

Not to start a riot amongst the soccer lovers, but generally the weaker kids played soccer while the stronger kids played football, basketball or baseball. At least that was the way it was in my school system growing up.

You had to be stronger to play baseball than soccer? Was your high school also upside down? ;)

Sandra

Of course he's entitled to his opinion, and I honestly don't care if HD likes soccer or not. But calling soccer players pansies just shows ignorance.

Sandra

Same here. That's why *I* didn't play. ;);):):):)

Easy Sister. I had a wink and a smile. I was joking. Don't get all bent out of shape....

You must have forgot the wink and a smile when you said the weaker kids played soccer and the stronger kids played football, basketball, and BASEBALL, of all things! :rolleyes:

Sandra

But admit it, this wasn't because soccer required less physical strength or anything. This was simply due to the fact that other sports were more popular and more prestigious for athletic kids. If soccer was as popular in this country as it is elsewhere, the same kids would've played soccer. ;)

Anyway, back to the Confederations Cup Semifinals: South Africa is putting a good fight against Brazil. Still 0:0 after 70 minutes, but South Africa is attacking...

But admit it, this wasn't because soccer required less physical strength or anything. This was simply due to the fact that other sports were more popular and more prestigious for athletic kids. If soccer was as popular in this country as it is elsewhere, the same kids would've played soccer.

Anyway, back to the Confederations Cup: South Africa is putting a good fight against Brazil. Still 0:0 after 70 minutes, but South Africa is attacking...

You have a point there. Maybe it's a regional thing or maybe internationally it's different. I take back by comments from before. No harm was intended. I'm a fan of all athletics and didn't mean to slight the soccer players.

Carry on...

Goal!!! Brazil just scored with minutes remaining!

Ok, the game is over! So, US will face Brazil on Sunday in the Fianls.

A programming note! The Sunday game will be on ESPN, not on ESPN2 as previously announced. Starts at 2 PM ET. Check your DVRs!

You honestly think the toothpick physique soccer players are stronger than the steroid ridden baseball players?

Personally, I think they are THE best conditioned athletes of all the professional sports.

Unlike other sports where there is some standing around...sometimes ALOT, multiple substitution for multiple situations and occassional stoppage in play....
..there is litterally none of that in soccer.

90 minutes of CONSTANT running up and down....very little substitutions to none at all. Playing conditions can be freezing to equator hot.

You honestly think the toothpick physique soccer players are stronger than the steroid ridden baseball players?

Here are your heroes...:rolleyes:

SP-Sir Sidney Ponson-"Fat Sidney" as he is affectionately known also has a great temperament. He was knighted in Aruba and then punched a judge and is no longer welcome. Also will be featured on our "All Good Guy" jersey list.

SP-David Wells. Boomer is listed at 250 lbs and that is just a blatant lie.

RP-Rich "El Guapo" Garces. So so fat.

RP-Antonio Alfonseca. Even deducting the weight for his sixth finger he still is a fat body.

CP-Bobby Jenks. Ozzie Guillen once signaled to the bullpen for the wide guy instead of the right hander, that is when you know you are fat.

C-Sal Fasano. I'm glad Sal is still kicking it in the big leagues. What he has done for facial hair also is just tremendous.

1b-Dmitri Young. 3 bills.

2B-Ronnie Belliard. Little fat bodies like this are not meant to be middle infielders.

SS-Mike Aviles. 5'9", 195 lbs. And he is not jacked.

RF-Tony Gwynn. It is a great game when fat guys can be hall of famers.

CF-Andruw Jones. He didn't use to be this fat. He also didn't use to be this bad.

LF-Adam Dunn. The Big Donkey. Real big guy who really prides himself on making good consistent contact at the plate.

Honorable Mention-Bengie Molina, Dmitri Young, Mo Vaughn, Miguel Cabrera, Prince Fielder, CC Sabathia, Jonathan Broxton, Cecil Fielder

Sandra

Please. Your lists of mostly pitchers and some of those pics are doctored, BTW.

Perhaps you should have continued to scroll down. There is a fatso for every position. And they left off a lot of serious diet candidates, like Manny Ramirez.

Roger Clemens took steroids and it brought him to the gym evey day. Steroids obviously brought Manny to Jack-in-the-Box. :rolleyes:

Oh, and Broxton's head is the biggest thing in that picture. I wonder how it got that big...

Sandra

100th Anniversary of Forbes Field

Who are your team's All-Stars?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)