US Tennis Open

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
MA
Serena Williams just defeated Jelena Jankovic 6-4, 7-5 to win the Women's Championship.

Not surprised that she won.

Also, with Nadal losing to Andy Murray, we won't get the great Wimbledon rematch, and Federer will easily beat Murray.

I don't know that Federer beats Murray easily. Federer should win, but Murray can play, and Roger's still only playing at B level right now. I expect a close match.

I don't know that Federer beats Murray easily. Federer should win, but Murray can play, and Roger's still only playing at B level right now. I expect a close match.

I agree. I actually think Murray has a better shot to beat Federer on the hardcourt, than Nadal would have.

Does tennis ban human growth hormone? I don't think I could beat Serena Williams in arm wrestling, and I'm a pretty big guy.

For anyone not watching, Federer just took the first set, 6-2 and looks absolutely unbeatable!

So now CBS has to run nearly an hour of reruns in the valuable 7:00 to 8:00 slot? They must be getting killed by Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy, Access Hollywood and Seinfeld. They might even be losing to Law and Order on TNT.

I would have expected them to be capable of doing at least a 7:30 to 8:00 Evening News.

That was impressive. I thought this would be a closer match than it was. Federer whipped Murray and still wasn't completely at his best, had he been Murray wouldn't have won a game.

This went exactly as I predicted.

When I heard that Murray upset Nadal, I felt that Federer would crush Murray and that he wouldn't put up much of a challenge.

Turns out I was right; Federer was focused, while Murray went through the motions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts