USA and Sci-Fi go HD in 2 weeks ... NOPE!

JZ1276

Original poster
Oct 29, 2007
is what I heard. This mean I will have to give in and get a box to receive these channels or will they be unencrypted does anyone know.
Also, whats the price difference between a box and DVR ?

Where'd you hear this?

And any cable box (regular, HD, or DVR) is $6/month + remote at $.22/month. DVR service is an additional $10/month on top.

If you already get USA and Sci-Fi, you're set. If you don't you'll have to upgrade to at least Family Cable.

Where'd you hear this?

And any cable box (regular, HD, or DVR) is $6/month + remote at $.22/month. DVR service is an additional $10/month on top.

If you already get USA and Sci-Fi, you're set. If you don't you'll have to upgrade to at least Family Cable.

it was advertised on ch 14. So, I can get a DVR box and use it to record programs and pay the same as a regular box? I just wont be able to pause and rewind live TV?
And yes I already get USA and Sci Fi, but I'm not set because I dont have a box. I use the QAM tuner on my HDTV to pick up whatever unencrypted HD channels I can get.

it was advertised on ch 14. So, I can get a DVR box and use it to record programs and pay the same as a regular box? I just wont be able to pause and rewind live TV?
And yes I already get USA and Sci Fi, but I'm not set because I dont have a box. I use the QAM tuner on my HDTV to pick up whatever unencrypted HD channels I can get.

Are you saying that CV has announced that they will be carrying USA-HD and SciFi-HD in two weeks?

Not contradicting you here, it's just that I would have expected to see a bunch of posts on this.

I hope these aren't the next two. Not that I mind more HD, but I really want Discovery or History. Especially since most of the programming on Sci-Fi is not HD.

i have not heard any word of these two, also watched the loop on 14 and 100 nothing. I dont think this is true because if it was it would say the actual day and not in two weeks.

So I guess this is not true based on what everybody has been saying and since nobody has any updates about this being true.

no big surprise. that's why we wait for real confirmations. :mad:

Yeah. It just sucks though. I was really hoping this was true because I watch wrestling and they go HD on the 21st. I just don't get why this person would lie though? What is the point? I mean he flat out said he saw the message on channel 14. Whateverrrr. Heh.

I am sure we will get these two channels among others soon enough...

sorry...my brother was the one that told me this. i asked him again and he said the ad was on the channels themselves, and its for directtv or something

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)