Status
Please reply by conversation.

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
This has been going on for 3 weeks, I am getting horrible pixelations, the picture keeps freezing up at times, this is becoming annoying.
I have the Advanced Protection Plan, do you guys think I might need a re-alignment?

Not if that's the only station you have issues on. What are you signal strengths on all of the satellites?

most of them are in the 80's and some over 90's the strenght.

Could be for that event too. The most recent abrupt change I noticed was the Ultimate Fighter. PQ of the show during it's run on Spike was great, since it's been on FX it is less than impressive.

most of them are in the 80's and some over 90's the strenght.

you should get those in the 80's into the 90's anyway. is this something you can do yourself or would you need a tech?

Really, I thought that some signals could be in the 60s and still be good enough. I know it's not preferred, but if that is acceptable, shouldn't the 80s be more than fine?

its acceptable but should be higher.

I see. Thanks.

truth is if an installer came with a receiver or two to activate, he wouldn't be able to because the signals were too low. directv has it that signals below 95 blocks activation of a receiver. if i'm wrong about that i'm sure an installer will correct me. it was my experience in the last two installs i saw and when i got the HR34.

truth is if an installer came with a receiver or two to activate, he wouldn't be able to because the signals were too low. directv has it that signals below 95 blocks activation of a receiver. if i'm wrong about that i'm sure an installer will correct me. it was my experience in the last two installs i saw and when i got the HR34.

I think the threshold is 86 or so for activation without a call to over ride.

I think the threshold is 86 or so for activation without a call to over ride.

i know that at 92-93 it wasn't letting us do it until we got to 95. honestly i had never seen that before. the installer gave me the explanation i posted above. i felt bad because he spent over an hour trying to get the signal strengths up 2 more points.

Different parts of the country have different threshold requirements. I do recall in training that Florida has a much "hotter" signal than say Colorado due to the placement of the satellite in relation to the earth.

HIFI said:
Different parts of the country have different threshold requirements. I do recall in training that Florida has a much "hotter" signal than say Colorado due to the placement of the satellite in relation to the earth.

Nailed it on the head my friend

you the man HIFI. you just reminded me that he did mention it was a new requirement here in florida to get signals passed a certain number to avoid rain fade as much as possible. thanks for clearing that up for me :)

It makes sense. The further south you go, the more vertical the elevation, so there is less atmosphere to go through. You should be able to get a higher signal then.

Status
Please reply by conversation.