Will sling adaptor work with directv?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kaygirl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
South
Sorry for another probably stupid question, but I know nothing about Directv. I've only had c band and Dish. If I switch to Direct, is my sling adaptor useless? Would I have to get a nomad? Thanks.

Kaygirl said:
Sorry for another probably stupid question, but I know nothing about Directv. I've only had c band and Dish. If I switch to Direct, is my sling adaptor useless? Would I have to get a nomad? Thanks.

Sling box is useless at Directv. I wouldn't recommend and nomad either. It's a real time recorder so a movie that takes 2 hours takes 2 hours to download and you can't just scroll through and decide you want to watch it. You either downloaded it or your didn't

Sling box is useless at Directv. I wouldn't recommend and nomad either. It's a real time recorder so a movie that takes 2 hours takes 2 hours to download and you can't just scroll through and decide you want to watch it. You either downloaded it or your didn't

funny i watched a slingbox on an hr24 and it worked fine

Sling box is useless at Directv.
The answer to the Kaygirl's question is no but you're answer is incorrect.

Slingboxes work just fine with DIRECTV equipment (assuming that you don't use RF remote mode). Since remote modes are an either or proposition with DIRECTV (you can't use both IR and RF at the same time), your choices may make use of a Slingbox impossible.

Sling Adapters work only with late model DISH HD DVRs (ViP722, ViP722K, Hopper).

harshness said:
The answer to the Kaygirl's question is no but you're answer is incorrect.

Slingboxes work just fine with DIRECTV equipment (assuming that you don't use RF remote mode). Since remote modes are an either or proposition with DIRECTV (you can't use both IR and RF at the same time), your choices may make use of a Slingbox impossible.

Sling Adapters work only with late model DISH HD DVRs (ViP722, ViP722K, Hopper).

That's nice to know about the remote, I've never been able to get one to work so I ASSUMED it was a no. Guess I learned how but would still be useless, all my stuff is located in another room where there are no tv's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)