USA Network HD is (not) listed on ad in USA Today

mrb123

Dec 18, 2005
I was reading the USA Today newspaper and noticed the new DISH HD ad (big one page ad) with Frank Caliendo. One of the channels listed was USA.
This channel must be coming soon, I assume. Why would it be in the ad??

I was reading the USA Today newspaper and noticed the new DISH HD ad (big one page ad) with Frank Caliendo. One of the channels listed was USA.
This channel must be coming soon, I assume. Why would it be in the ad??

Soon huh? =P

:welcome to SatelliteGuys!!!!

Wow did you really see it in an ad?

My paper (SJ Mercury News) last week had a 2 page Dish ad that had the same thing. I mentioned it a few days ago in the complaint thread.

There was another oddity in the ad I saw, as it also showed a widescreen Boomerang slate. Otherwise, it was HD channels they already have.

I dont see that being an HD ad nor a mention of USA HD, CNN HD etc. The HD channels they do have are listed as HD (such as National Geographic HD)

I agree with Scott. The ad seems to be an ad for DISH and it's DVRs. it does mention a free DVR upgrade and the sets are all widescreen sets but there is nothing that says all the channels shown are HD---only that you don't have to miss any of the programming on those channels if you have a DISH DVR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts