Usable Tuners

Scott Corbett

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 1, 2005
SE NC
I never record from ABC, NBC, Fox or CBS. With the Hopper and 1 Joey how many tuners would be available for any channel? Trying to decide between Hopper and Genie.

I would add to that answer by saying 3 or 6, depending on whether you get 1 Hopper or 2.

And I would add to that the second Hopper will only cost $5 more a month than the Joey.

Can each Hopper play recordings from the other Hopper?
Currently I have a VIP-722K with a 2 TB EHD. Would I be able to use the EHD with one of the Hoppers and retain my recordings?

Can each Hopper play recordings from the other Hopper?
Currently I have a VIP-722K with a 2 TB EHD. Would I be able to use the EHD with one of the Hoppers and retain my recordings?

Yup and yup!

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Each Hopper can access 2 ehd's at a time. You can access the internal HD of each Hopper from the other as well as from each Joey. You can only access an ehd from the Hopper it is connected to. But you can move an ehd from one Hopper to the other.

You can view, delete, and directory on the 2 EHDs on a Hopper. The "first" 2 loaded.
You can copy to/from some number of EHDs. I've not done more than 4, limited by AC plugs on a power strip.
I have 10 stand-alone drives and 4 disks to insert in a stand. they vary from 750GB to 2TB.
Decide early what the organization is to be--it will take a lot of time to move recordings later.
I started with IMDb ratings but alphabetic might have been a better choice.
Keep a spreadsheet with name, size, disk id, run time, and
optionally date recorded, original year/date, actors, ratings, and Dish rating.

Luck, -Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)