USB Digital OTA Tuner in Dish Store

Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'
Into the future

-Steve Miller

(Now I got you guys all confused... I love it!) :D

There you go again with another song to get stuck in my head!:D

SMB is all right though.Much better than that other that I won't mention.:)

I don't remember which update the change occurred in, but it's been a while. Probably around the same time they gave us the option to configure which networks and nights you wanted PTAT to be active. But yeah, PTAT doesn't have its own dedicated partition anymore, it shares your general space with your other timers.

I would like to say that this change was made due to customer suggestions. But I think it had more to do with the PTAT lawsuits. :(

Realized there's another way to get basically what I want. PTAT enabled on all 4 networks every night, with timers set up to save the series I care about and the minimum retention on the rest. :)

Because the Hopper will reboot and that will disrupt the Joey/s...

I didn't see where scanning caused a reboot. I did see that when the OTA module is plugged in, the Hopper will recognise it, presumably install it then reboot with the OTA functional. That most certainly will disrupt the joeys.

Just had a chat with Dish and was told the OTA was not available through the Store but she could send it if I wanted to order it now. Not sure if I want to add it to both Hoppers so I declined at this point. Was only trying to see if I could get a date.

Just had a chat with Dish and was told the OTA was not available through the Store but she could send it if I wanted to order it now. Not sure if I want to add it to both Hoppers so I declined at this point. Was only trying to see if I could get a date.

I just chatted with customer service and with technical support. Neither knew anything about how to order. With whom did you chat?

Just chatted with a Dish rep, this is what he told me:

chat_agent.png
Albert S (ID: R0X): Hi, my name is Albert S (ID: R0X). How may I help you?
chat_enduser_message.png
Tom Spangler: Hello, I was wondering about the availability of the USB OTA tuner for the Hopper
chat_enduser_message.png
Tom Spangler: I see it in your online store, but it says it's not available
chat_enduser_message.png
Tom Spangler: Or, not in stock, to be precise
chat_agent.png
Albert S (ID: R0X): I will be happy to assist you with your request on OTA tuner for Hopper.
chat_enduser_message.png
Tom Spangler: Thank you.
chat_agent.png
Albert S (ID: R0X): Tom, it is coming and still not launched, you have to wait for sometime.
chat_enduser_message.png
Tom Spangler: OK, any idea how long?
chat_agent.png
Albert S (ID: R0X): I am sorry Tom, we currently do not have any accurate information on when it is going to be launched.
chat_enduser_message.png
Tom Spangler: OK, thanks for your help
chat_agent.png
Albert S (ID: R0X): I will submit your valuable feedback to the concern department.
chat_enduser_message.png
Tom Spangler: Great
chat_agent.png
Albert S (ID: R0X): My pleasure.

I just chatted with customer service and with technical support. Neither knew anything about how to order. With whom did you chat?
considering the reliability of Dish Chat, he probably would have got the older module compatible with the VIP receivers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts