USB Drive Recommendation?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hossebuck

On Vacation
Original poster
Sep 29, 2011
Hampton, Ga. 30228
Iceberg:
Saw on one of your post about you having a 500gb external hd. Do you power the external drive through the usb port or does the microhd have power to the port? Reason- I purchased a toshiba 500gb external hd today to use on the microhd.
hoss e buck

if you buy an external hd get the one that has its own power supply not the one that powered via usb (only)

these are usually larger ( size not capacity ) the small sized ones are usually usb powered

Last edited:
I tried a usb powered laptop drive, and there was some sort of issue. I believe that was because the receiver doesn't have enough usb power to run most drives. I now have a self powered (with wall-wart) Western Digital "Deskbook 750gb" drive, and it works perfectly. This drive even goes to sleep when not used, and the microHD properly wakes it up and records with it. I usually start my recordings 1 minute early, as it takes about 15~ seconds to wake it up. If I ever get close to filling it, there will be so much to watch that I'd never have time to do so!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts