USB OTA Question

uptownvideo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
Will the over the air usb module enable me to record an extra program while the other 2 tuners record at the same time? If my satellite reception goes out will the ota tuner still work?

Yes on both counts, and you would have three other tuners, unless one is dedicated to PTAT.

The usb tuner will tune in the sub chnnels from you local stations. Right now there is a problem recording the sub channels. Hopefully that will be fixed soon.

Sometimes during a thunderstorm I lose the satellite signal. OTA continues to work. Sometime it's the other way around. It's good to have both options for some redundancy. Besides, there are many more local channels available OTA than carried on Dish.

We had over 6 inches of Rain Thursday and it flooded everywhere. But my ota usb dongle /antenna continued to work just fine. I switched all my recordings from my ABC sat tuner to my ota version and missed nothing during the day. I have always had antenna back up ,even when we had cable back 20 years ago. With either cable or satellite you need back up sources. When we had hurricane Rita in 05 and Ike in 08 , my sister waited over a month for TWC to fix their cable. I had my sat dish and antenna re-installed 20 minutes after the power came back and was watching tv right after. I only use cable for internet now. I probably should get dsl as a backup just in case the cable goes out again.

I received my usb OTA tuner and am very pleased with it. I have seen not break up in the signal unlike when I used the OTA tuner on my old 722. I have not yest tried to record anything so I can't comment on the record bug issue.

I too use the USB dongle during storms. I have a splitter going to my dongle and the back of my tv. The dongle does not work as well as my tv's tuner. Dropouts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts